About Oliver Wyman
Oliver Wyman is a global leader in management consulting. With offices in 60 cities across 29 countries, Oliver Wyman combines deep industry knowledge with specialized expertise in strategy, operations, risk management, and organization transformation. Our 5000 professionals help clients optimize their business, improve their operations and risk profile, and accelerate their organizational performance to seize the most attractive opportunities. Oliver Wyman's thought leadership is evident in our agenda-setting books, white papers, research reports, and articles in the business press. Our clients are the CEOs and executive teams of the top Global 1000 companies.
Visit our website for more details about Oliver Wyman: www.oliverwyman.com
Oliver Wyman is seeking a Snr Finance Analyst to join our Americas FP&A team with a focus towards supporting our cross-industry capabilities businesses, tracking firm investments, and analyzing costs in the region. This role will be responsible for designing and producing management information reports, analyzing business performance, and helping the FP&A Lead build yearly budgets that align with the team's strategies and goals.
- Leverage modern tools like Tableau, Tableau Prep and SQL to build data models and automate our reporting and analytics
- Responsible for creating, structuring, monitoring, generating, analyzing and distributing periodic reports for the FP&A Lead, Senior Management, and other key stakeholders
- Mitigate risks by ensuring data quality and accuracy of reports are tightly managed
- Production of ad hoc financial analysis and financial models as needed to support key findings and strategic goals in a timely manner
- Work with multiple stakeholders and the FP&A Lead to help shape annual budget plans including revenue, cost and resource planning. Highlight and summarize actual results to help the practice measure their performance against these annual goals and support ongoing reforecasting needs as they arise.
- Pay rigorous attention to business metrics that lead to meaningful insights and impact key business decisions
- Lead the month-end cost accrual process by providing necessary documentation to the accounting department
- BA or BS degree in Economics, Finance, Accounting, or Mathematics preferred
- Minimum of 3-7 years' experience in a consulting, financial, or highly analytical role
Skills and Attributes:
- Expert proficiency with Microsoft Excel. Must be comfortable working with and manipulating large amounts of data in excel using advanced formulas. Ability to learn Macros preferable.
- Strong PowerPoint skills to help summarize and convey key findings for stakeholders to discuss
- Experience with Oracle Enterprise Business System suite of applications including Hyperion Planning and SmartView a plus
- Previous experience using Tableau or a strong desire to learn and develop these skills
This job has expired.
- Superior analytical skills, attention to detail, and well organized
- Strong initiative/seek and accept new challenges, have a high level of intellectual curiosity as it relates to new projects, and finding solutions to problems
- Ability to handle multiple projects and priorities in a fast paced, deadline-driven and quickly changing work environment
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision
- Thrives in a team environment, including willingness to assist other team members and share knowledge
- Sharp communication skills with an ability to interact with, work with and advise multiple constituencies at all levels of the organization