About Oliver Wyman
Oliver Wyman is a global leader in management consulting. With offices in more than 70 cities across 30 countries, Oliver Wyman combines deep industry knowledge with specialized expertise in strategy, operations, risk management, and organization transformation. The firm has more than 5,700 professionals around the world who work with clients to optimize their business, improve their operations and risk profile, and accelerate their organizational performance to seize the most attractive opportunities. Oliver Wyman is a business of Marsh McLennan [NYSE: MMC].
For more information, visit www.oliverwyman.com. Follow Oliver Wyman on Twitter @OliverWyman.
The Director of Technology Delivery is responsible for working with varied and diverse teams to deliver unique and unprecedented solutions for the firm. This role will be responsible for understanding, creating, managing, and reporting on key Delivery processes for firm's client project teams. This role with partner with other tech teams on colleague technology and colleague support to ensure smooth delivery of services. This role will have the opportunity to continually leverage their managing, problem-solving, and professional skills. This role will be working in a close-knit technology team alongside other talent. This role will lead a small team of technologists to focus delivering services impacting productivity and work-life balance of client project teams.
- Be responsible for driving the timely delivery of projects and software solutions for client project teams by working with multi-disciplinary technology teams including Technical Product Managers (TPMs), Architecture, Security & Risk teams, Infrastructure Shared Services, Product Owners, and Business Subject Matter Experts
- Be Delivery Lead for complex ITS processes that impact client project team experience with technology and services; ensure appropriate technology support for large firm events, e.g. - conferences, offsites
- Lead a collaborative project with other technology functions on gaps in our delivery model and offerings to projects and recommend areas for improvement and if needed, investment
- Create service catalog for client project team using new and existing cloud services
- Own the end-to-end delivery of requests and incidents for client project teams by working closely with the technology teams in ITS and the broader MMC Technology function to deliver them
- Be an active member of the MMC Technology community - contribute, collaborate, and learn
- Own the business impact analysis and business continuity processes; coordinate with Technical Product Managers (TPMs) and OWG CISO on firm business continuity needs and coordinate delivery of requirements including plans and testing
- Identify risks and dependencies, report on process effectiveness and resolve or escalate risks and issues with mitigation plans
- Collaborate with our technology teams to promote best practices and establish common working and reporting processes
- Responsible for shepherding approved new technology requests through technology onboarding process while collaborating with Architecture and Security, Privacy & Risks teams
- Be the representative for the CIO to determine and drive services and processes needed for client project teams
- Define and create client project related ITS dashboards and scorecards to track delivery and satisfaction of services provided by technology teams to client project teams
Skills and Attributes:
- 3+ years of experience working in a leadership team reporting to C-Suite
- Prior work experience managing and/or leading delivery of software, digital or tech modernization projects at enterprise scale
- Consulting experience at a leading management consulting firm or large complex organizations is highly desirable
- A strong focus on effective planning, and a demonstrated ability to establish good processes and ways of working
- A track record of delivery-focused collaborative work in complex environments delivering projects with multi-disciplinary agile teams
- An understanding of what use cases are and knowledge of how to work through a prioritized backlog and establish acceptance criteria
- Enthusiasm, energy, and an ability to motivate teams and navigate confidently within a large complex organization
- Fungibility and flexibility to work on a variety of projects and technologies, including those that are new or unfamiliar to you
- An ability to build, manage and grow relationships and manage stakeholders' expectations while capturing & sharing meaningful metrics to keep team and stakeholders informed
- Focus on output, and ability to work under pressure and deadlines
- Excellent Communication skills, storyline for slides, notes, or video scripts
- Change management skills
- A genuine passion for technology and solving problems
- A pragmatic approach to solutioning and delivery
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- A clear commitment to creating impactful solutions that solve our clients' problems
- The willingness to work fluidly and respectfully with our incredibly talented team
Marsh & McLennan Companies is a global professional services firm providing advice and solutions in the areas of risk, strategy and human capital. It is the parent company of a number of the world's leading risk experts and specialty consultants, including Marsh, the insurance broker and risk advisor; Guy Carpenter, the risk and reinsurance specialist; Mercer, the provider of HR and related financial advice and services; and Oliver Wyman, the management consultancy. With over 81,000 colleagues advise clients in 130 countries and annual revenue of nearly $19 billion, Marsh & McLennan Companies provides analysis, advice and transactional capabilities to clients in more than 130 countries. Its stock (ticker symbol: MMC) is listed on the New York, Chicago and London stock exchanges.
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: www.mmc.com. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity. Marsh McLennan and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.
The applicable base salary range for this role is $129,000 to $258,000.
The base pay offered will be determined on factors such as experience, skills, training, location, certifications, and education. Decisions will be determined on a case-by-case basis. In addition to the base salary, this position may be eligible for performance-based incentives.
We are excited to offer a competitive total rewards package which includes health and welfare benefits, tuition assistance, 401K savings and other retirement programs as well as employee assistance programs.