Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, providing a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries, to make life and our environment safer, healthier and more sustainable. From the food you eat, to the water you drink, to the medicines you rely on, Eurofins works with the biggest companies in the world to ensure the products they supply are safe, their ingredients are authentic and labelling is accurate.Eurofins believes it is a global leader in food, environmental, pharmaceutical and cosmetics products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, CDMO, advanced material sciences and in the support of clinical studies.
In over just 30 years, Eurofins has grown from one laboratory in Nantes, France to over 47,000 staff across a network of more than 900 independent companies in over 50 countries and operating more than 800 laboratories. Eurofins offers a portfolio of over 200,000 analytical methods to evaluate the safety, identity, composition, authenticity, origin, traceability and purity of biological substances and products, as well as providing innovative clinical diagnostic testing services, as one of the leading global emerging players in specialised clinical diagnostics testing.
In 2019, Eurofins generatedtotal revenues of EUR € 4.56 billion, and has been among the best performing stocks in Europe over the past 20 years.
Description: The Oligo Chemist receives sufficient authority from and is accountable to the Director of Operations for the successful completion of assigned duties and responsibilities. The Oligo Chemist is responsible for the development and implementation of new or improved production processes for the oligonucleotide manufacturing.
All Eurofins employees keep a strong Customer Focus to promote and maintain Eurofins Core Values.
Overall Objectives and Responsibilities:
QualificationsIdeal Candidate Would Possess:
- Develops, validates, and implements new processes for Oligonucleotide Synthesis, Deprotection, Purification, and Quality Control in a high throughput production environment
- Analyzes and improves current production processes
- Designs and implements methods and protocols for robotic equipment such as liquid handlers and oligonucleotide synthesis robots
- Validates and adapts new robotic equipment to support the automation of the production processes
- Collects, documents, and analyzes experimental data
- Translates manual research protocols into automated production processes
- Writes SOPs for new production processes, trains production associates for new processes and supervises the process implementation
- Interacts with all members of the R&D team
- Communicates effectively with all levels of production and management
- Coordinates with production and maintenance for the evaluation and implementation of new equipment and processes
- Ensures that all processes conform to ISO 9001-2015 and ISO 13485-2016 standards
- Thorough understanding of oligonucleotide chemistry, including phosphoramdite based synthesis methods, deprotection and purification methods, and post-synthetic labeling chemistry
- Experience in oligonucleotide quality control, including MALDI-Tof and ESI mass spectrometry, HPLC analysis and capillary gel electrophoresis
- Proficiency operating oligonucleotide purification equipment, such as Dionex, Aekta, and Gilson HPLCs
- Proficiency using high throughput robotic equipment for liquid handling, such as Hamilton, Tecan, and Agilent robots
- Proficiency operating automated oligonucleotide synthesis equipment, such as ABI 3900 and Dr. Oligo
- Experience with ISO 13485 and cGMP
- Strong troubleshooting capabilities
- Experience in documenting and analyzing experimental data
- Strong computer, scientific, and organization skills
- Excellent communication (oral and written), and attention to detail
- Proven ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Self-motivation, adaptability, and a positive attitude
- Ability to learn new techniques, perform multiple tasks simultaneously, keep accurate records, follow instructions, and comply with company policies
- College degree, or equivalent, in Biochemistry, Chemistry, Biology, or related area of science
- 3 years of experience in high throughput oligonucleotide manufacturing and process development
- Ability to perform under pressure of a fast paced production environment.
- Proven ability to work well with a team with little supervision.
- Annual RCRA awareness training.
- Ability to lift 35+ pounds.
- Microsoft Windows and Excel proficiency.
- Previous experience working with Hazardous Chemicals.
Position is full-time, Monday - Friday 8:00am - 5:00pm. Candidates currently living within a commutable distance of Louisville, KYare encouraged to apply.
Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.Eurofins is aM/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
This job has expired.
- Excellent full time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, dental, and vision options
- Life and disability insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid vacation and holidays