BAY COVE HUMAN SERVICES, INC. & AFFILIATES
Employee Name: ________________________________________ Date:
Position Title: Office Manager
Department/Program: CASPAR - Addiction Services
Reports to: Director of Cambridge Based Shelters and Warming Center
Bay Cove Human Services partners with people to overcome challenges and realize
The Office Manager provides day-to-day administrative and operational support. The
CASPAR programs have a long history of serving homeless individuals who are under
the influence of alcohol or other substances and those who, due to their mental health
and/or substance use, exhibit behaviors that are not commonly acceptable in other
shelter systems. It is the commitment of the program that guests in the CASPAR
programs are served with dignity and respect in a safe and welcoming environment.
The Office Manager supports this mission by attending to the programs' administrative
functions. This is a non-exempt position.
Essential Functions of Position:
• Provides administrative support to for the daily operations of all of the CASPAR
• Maintains ongoing data to support the Operations Manager with program reports to
• Serves as primary liaison with all vendors; responsible for the oversight, ordering,
delivery of supplies and payment of bills in collaboration with Bay Cove finance
• Responsible for inventory and ordering of program supplies and tracks budgets to
inform Program Directors on spending
• Responsible for completing monthly credit card reconciliation reports
• Coordinates use and distribution of the program's petty cash
• Serves the Shelter's site liaison with Bay Cove IT, Accounts Payable and Property
• Meets with all new shelter guests to conduct HMIS intakes, collect releases of
information, and provide shelter IDs
• Monitors building for inspectional, safety, and funder requirements
• Follows up on invoices and check requests including any outstanding payments
• Assists with preparations and supports for compliance audits with program funders
and Bay Cove Quality Assurance
• Attends and records minutes of meetings for the program's meetings
• Other duties as assigned by the Director of Cambridge Based Shelters and Warming
Requirements for the Position
• Strong organizational, written, interpersonal, and verbal communication skills
• Skilled in Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher,
• Customer Service and Office experience necessary
• Must be a strong team member and be prepared to help out when necessary
• Must be able to interact with individuals with substance use and mental health
disorders in a respectful, compassionate and supportive manner
• Have the ability to work with staff members of all levels in a helpful and respectful
• Works independently and also collaboratively as a member of multidisciplinary and
• Works well under pressure in a fast-paced environment while meeting deadlines and
• Is flexible, open and responsive to ongoing industry changes.
• Takes initiative and assesses ongoing administrative needs.
Your five-month evaluation will be completed by ________________________.
After the initial evaluation, an annual evaluation will be done according to the schedule
in Policy E-01: Performance Evaluation.
*By registering with our site, you agree to our