AgFirst Farm Credit Bank provides financing, as well as a range of technology and other services, to a network of agricultural lenders. Located on Main Street in Columbia, S.C., AgFirst is committed to providing a comfortable, inclusive work environment. We believe in investing in our employees so they can help lead our $40 billion company into the future.
AgFirst Farm Credit Bank, located in Columbia, SC is an integral part of the national Farm Credit System. AgFirst provides Human Resources services to 34 independent Agricultural Credit Associations representing 4,500 employees in 17 eastern & Gulf Coast states and Puerto Rico through the Farm Credit Benefits Alliance.
As a member of the Human Resource team, the OD & Talent Development Specialist is position is responsible for organizational development and change management initiatives to include Leadership Development, Developmental Assessments, Employee Surveys and Coaching. The position will also include cross-functional project work and HR Analytics.
Duties & Responsibilities
Developmental Assessments & Coaching
- Evaluate assessment tools for development of employees and growth of the organization.
- Design and develop a leadership series for high-potential employees.
- Further develop coaching and mentoring as an essential skills for managers and supervisors.
- Collaborates with the Director of OD and Training to design and implement employee development plans, tools and processes. This includes career pathing, competencies, and employee assessments. Assessments include Harrison, Profile XT, Predictive Index and 360 Assessments
- Provide periodic supervisor and manager training and ongoing developmental tools
- Facilitate annual talent and succession discussions and reporting.
- Provides input on OD best practices and periodically consults with Associations on process improvements
- Bachelor's degree in business with a major in HR or OD required. Prefer Master degree in HR or related field
- Requires 5-7 years experience in the HR Field specializing in OD and change management
- Must have strong presentation skills and exhibit confidence when interacting with other employees, Associations, and management
- Prefer four or more years' experience in a human resource, administrative or organizational development functions in a corporate environment. Or an equivalent of education and experience
- AgFirst Human Resource personnel must exhibit ability to effectively communicate with clients, and colleagues; and handle confidential information in a professional and secure manner
- Project management and Organizational Skills- defines objectives; develops plans that are comprehensive, realistic and effective in meeting goals; develops contingency plans; monitors progress and follows up to ensure objectives are met; keeps others informed
- Change Management - A critical part of the OD function is supporting change and organizational effectiveness in the organization.
- High attention to detail with HR Analytic expertise and strong time management and execution skills
Prefer experience with the use and understanding of assessments such as Harrison, Predictive Index, Profile XT, DISC and 360 Assessments
Are you ready for a career with us that will impact more than you ever imagined? At AgFirst, you have an opportunity to make a difference for agriculture and rural communities while elevating your career. When you work here, you are part of a cooperative that provides financing, technical support and business services to banks in the national Farm Credit system. You can be part of the solution for those banks - our customers - as they make loans to more than 80,000 farmers, businesses and homeowners in rural America. At AgFirst, we value your skills and unique perspective. We think you'll like the impact you can make here and the benefits you will enjoy. AgFirst is dedicated to fostering an engaged workplace that makes every employee feel valued, appreciated and heard. We invest in our employees because they invest in us and work hard to make our bank successful. Among its range of benefits, AgFirst offers competitive pay, flexible work schedules, a corporate incentive plan and even free coffee and soft drinks in the break room. If you're ready to impact more than you ever thought possible, we're ready for you!
While we offer a variety of lending and credit jobs, we're more than just an agricultural lending company. We have many roles in areas such as information technology and information security, as well as support services. No matter your career path, find a way to impact more with AgFirst!
OUR BRAND AND CULTURE
We want to make a difference in people's lives - and that includes yours! We strive to create a workplace environment where all employees feel welcome and open to bringing their whole selves to work. We have a diverse, talented workforce that helps us bring a well-rounded perspective to the solutions we provide. At AgFirst, we aim to give our employees room to grow both personally and professionally. We hope you will find more than just a job here. We hope you will find a fulfilling career that allows you to use your abilities to impact more.
OUR BENEFITS AND REWARDS
AgFirst believes employee satisfaction is built around a career that combines personal and professional accomplishment with financial rewards that help you build toward the future. We believe that compensation is more than just a paycheck. At AgFirst, you'll find a total rewards package that includes:
- Competitive pay, with paid vacation, holidays and sick leave, as well as paid time off for volunteering.
- Corporate incentive plan with spot bonuses for top-notch work.
- Medical, dental and vision insurance, as well as life and disability insurance.
- Flexible spending and health savings accounts.
- Generous 401(k) matching contributions, as well as additional employer contributions.
- Reimbursement for approved higher education pursuits.
- A wellness program for employees, which includes resources for a healthier lifestyle.
- A Leadership Academy for professional development.
- Other perks, such as employee discounts, annual on-site flu shots and even free periodic chair massages.
In addition, we are located in a modern office building in a revitalized business district on Main Street in Columbia, S.C., near multiple restaurants and shops. Our open floor plan features a variety of meeting areas, from cozy collaboration rooms to large meeting spaces - all equipped with state-of-the-art technology to meet your business needs.
Other benefits of our office building include:
- Free parking in an attached garage.
- An on-site restaurant.
- A newly renovated fitness center.
- On-site conveniences, such as dry cleaning and oil change services.
Regular building events, such as luncheons and ice cream socials