Come join our awesome team as a Nurse Manager at Maplewood Care Center. We are offering a generous retention incentive of $8,000.
Maplewood Care Center is part of Volunteers of America National Services which serves as the Housing and Healthcare affiliate of the Volunteers of America parent organization.
Nurse Manager job highlights:
About the job:The Nurse Manager
- Generous "refer a friend" bonus:
- 403(b) Retirement Plan;
- Career scholarships;
- Quality training, continuing career education and leadership programs;
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance:
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Holiday & Sick Days)
supervises the day-to-day activities of the assigned nursing station(s). The Nurse Manger is responsible for the coordination, planning implementing, and evaluating the nursing services provided to each resident on a 24-hour basis. This role also supervises the direct care staff assigned to the Nurse Manager's Unit/Household.Essentials
Required qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Directs and oversees the nursing staff to ensure the nursing procedures are followed and reflect the current policies and procedures of the facility;
- Monitors medication passes and treatment schedules to assure that medications and treatments are being administered as ordered;
- Performs direct care related activities;
- Participates in the development of policies and procedures pertaining to resident care;
- Performs daily rounds of the nursing unit to ensure that all nursing service personnel are performing their work assignments in accordance with acceptable nursing standards. Perform QAPI rounds;
- Assists in developing methods for coordinating nursing services with other resident services;
- Participates in the development, maintenance and implementation of the facilities QAA/QAPI process.
- Graduate of an accredited professional nursing program;
- Have a current Registered Nurse (RN) license;
- Have a current CPR Certification;
Maplewood Care Center
- Excellent communication Effective written and oral communication skills and good interpersonal skills;
- Organizational, prioritization and time management skills;
- Knowledge of Home Health regulatory and reimbursement requirements;
- Possess adequate strength, coordination, dexterity and endurance to meet the strenuous physical demands of such resident care responsibilities as lifting and moving patients.
- Computer proficient;
- Be willing to undergo background screenings for employment purposes. This includes a criminal and drug screening.
is a skilled nursing and memory care rehabilitation facility located in Maplewood, Minnesota, on the Homestead at Maplewood Campus. At our center, we are devoted to providing individualized, empathetic assistance to seniors in need of short-term or long-term care. The city of Maplewood is a short drive from St Paul, MN and Minneapolis, MN, and only 13 minutes away from the highly regarded University of Northwestern. We employ hardworking individuals who are unwavering in their commitment to ensuring our residents are receiving the quality care they deserve. They heavily contribute to the positive work culture we have at Maplewood Care Center, and the kindness and joy they bring to work every day always brings a smile to those who need it.In our 2022 Great Place to Work survey, employees said their work has a special meaning: this is not "just a job".Take pride in helping others, and join us today!
, we celebrate sharing, encouraging and embracing diversity. Equal employment opportunities are available to all without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, parental status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We believe that blending individual strengths and unique personal differences nurtures and supports our organizations' shared commitment to our mission and creates an inclusive and diverse environment where everyone feels valued and has the opportunity to do their personal best.
Volunteers of America National Services requires COVID vaccination for all employees, volunteers and contractors. We care for individuals who are most susceptible to advanced COVID illness and death. We are committed to providing the safest environment possible for those we work alongside, and for those we serve. We have a formal process for, and do consider religious and/or medical requests for exceptions.
This job has expired.