General Description of Position:
The primary focus of the NOC Assurance Manager is coordination to ensure that the networking system runs efficiently without interruption. They manage the business process in the organization and own the platforms and network elements. The success of a NOC Assurance Manager depends on their knowledge of the industry and their level of experience in the field. This position reports to the Director of Network Operations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Strategy & Planning
- The NOC Assurance Managers primary responsibility is to plan, organize, and manage staff and overall operations to ensure stability of service to customers.
- Provides overall expertise with all network operations functions.
- Ability to define, implement and enforce configuration management, incident management, and change management policies and practices.
Acquisition & Deployment
- Handle escalations and manage support from different levels.
- Ensure adherence of operational metrics.
- Hire, develop, and retain highly responsive and customer focused technicians and engineers to ensure the effective operation of the department
- Manage tools, systems, and procedures to ensure dynamic management of issues and customer management.
- Ensures all members of assigned technical teams are effective and fully utilized to provide high resource utilization.
- Evaluates technical skills of the team and ensures there is an appropriate level of expertise.
- Provide procedural training to staff.
- Perform performance objectives and performance reviews with all team members.
- The NOC Assurance Manager will include hands on technical support work related to the overall health and maintenance of customer environments.
- This position will perform tier-2 and 3 escalation support and act as the point of contact in the NOC for all inquiries from other departments.
- The NOC Manager will manage all related partner operational expectations.
- Ensure continual process improvement within the NOC including but not limited to automation of NOC tasks and reporting, implementation of enterprise-wide monitoring initiatives, and routine administration tasks.
- Identify areas for process and efficiency improvement within the NOC; recommend prioritized enhancements and oversee implementation
- Ensure that reports are accurate and delivered on time.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Degree (Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Telecommunication Engineering and Information Technology) Experience in a similar role or function in the telecommunications industry can substitute for education requirement.
- ITIL V3 Foundation Certification Preferred.
- 7 years or more managing or leading network operations teams (experience equivalent to education requirements).
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Ability to interact with clients in a professional articulate manner.
- Strong collaboration and communication skills.
- Problem solving and analytical skills.
- Network services experience is desired.
- Proven ability to lead and develop a team.
- Proven ability to develop processes and procedures.
- Excellent oral communication, writing, and presenting skills.
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency with MS Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Visio,Excel)
This job has expired.