ECS is a federal contractor. As such, we are subject an Executive Order requiring all employees of federal contractors to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by January 4th, 2022. Therefore, by applying for this position, you understand that you will be required to verify that you have been, or will be, fully vaccinated by January 4th, 2022, or to verify that you cannot be vaccinated due to a legally recognized exception to the vaccine mandate set forth in the Executive Order.
Note: An individual is not considered to be fully vaccinated until two weeks after receiving the second vaccine dosage in a vaccine regimen involving two vaccines.
The above does not apply to personnel applying to United States Postal Service positions, however, as an ECS employee you will be required to complete the ECS COVID-19 survey to be compliant with Executive Order 14024.
ECS is seeking a Network System Architect to work in our Albuquerque, NM office.
The organizations mission is to deliver secure, consistent, and capable network and virtual services to ensure faster realization of business value to Sandia National Laboratories and its customers. This organization is responsible for providing secure, consistent, and highly available network infrastructures and virtual services to meet Sandia's corporate and mission IT needs. This support includes network and virtual services development, design, implementation, testing, trouble resolution, network monitoring tools, and maintenance contracts.
Network System Architect is responsible for:
- Gather requirements for network design, modifications and installations of the various network environments on the customer site.
- Design network architecture to include the software, hardware, and communications to support the total requirements as well as provide for present and future cross-functional requirements and interfaces on the enterprise and mission network environments.
- Develop solutions to specific problems related to issues of moderate scope, complexity, and impact with either internal or external customers.
- Troubleshooting system failures and identifying roadblocks in the network.
- Fixing problems in LAN infrastructure and testing and configuring software.
- Maintaining and repairing hardware including peripheral devices.
- Evaluating network performance and make recommendations to methods or processes and occasionally leads teams and participates in planning, conducting, and reporting on projects.
- Scheduling upgrades and maintenance without interrupting business workflow.
- Providing technical direction and giving training to coworkers about network systems.
- Work with various vendors to get needed equipment for the networks and systems.
- Provide escalation support for Tier II and Tier III.
- Education BS with 7 years of experience
- Ability to obtain and maintain DOE security Q Clearance
- Experience utilizing digital and analog test equipment to test, isolate, and repair telecommunications plant
- Demonstrate proficiency with use of relevant wireless tools and test equipment
- Experience with network hardware
- Active DOE clearance
- CCNA Certification
ECS is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. ECS promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans.
ECS is a leading mid-sized provider of technology services to the United States Federal Government. We are focused on people, values and purpose. Every day, our 3000+ employees focus on providing their technical talent to support the Federal Agencies and Departments of the US Government to serve, protect and defend the American People.