National Sales Director, National Partners-Globe Life Benefits
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
Manages day to day operations of National Partner Strategy. Develop relationships by raising awareness of Globe Life Group Benefits in markets that present significant opportunity; target and develop relationships with select regional and national brokers; call on brokers to identify, quote and close new business; manage territory to meet annual sales goal while also recruiting and developing individual sales directors and their assigned territory.
- Develop relationships and manage partnerships with top 10 employee benefit firms nationally.
- Support and execution of National Partners Strategy and align with Regional sales strategy as defined on an annual basis.
- Establishes key elements of operational plans with measurable contribution towards the achievement of results of the department. Focus is on short-to mid-term operational plans
- Monitor and manager departmental budget along with Travel and Entertainment expenses.
- Develop relationships with local, regional, and national brokers to generate new business revenue, as well as protect and grow existing business.
- Build Globe Life Benefits brand awareness and provide product expertise and service support for the broker community.
- Manage the entire sales process through cold calling, appointment setting, RFP responses, product training, and attending industry events
- Meet annual new business development targets and deliver upon renewal targets
- Develop a marketing plan for the territory, in conjunction with senior management, outlining expectations for the territories sales plan and for relationship building with broker and key distribution partners.
- Work with Regional Sales Directors to develop sales channels specific for the supplemental health market
- Participate in conferences, webinars and events that promote Globe Life Benefits key products in its target markets.
- Comply with all company, regulatory and legal requirements.
- Proactively foster positive relationships with clients in order to achieve a mutual understanding of and develop creative solutions to meet customer needs
Required Knowledge & Experience
- Mastery level knowledge and understanding of voluntary and employee benefits markets (relationships, competitive intelligence, market process and direction, etc.).
- Active listening and emotional intelligence
- Executive level negotiation skills required.
- Requires ability to influence others outside of department on policies, practices, and procedures.
- Superior communication skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to lead and mentor a sales team
- Team player: supports team priorities and motivates others to achieve mutual objectives, including both sales and risk targets
- Works well independently: set goals, manage time, measure and report progress, meet deadlines and priorities
- Strong analytical skills with attention to detail
- Demonstrates ability to close sales and support continued customer satisfaction
- Effective relationship business development and sales management skills with customer focused approach
- Collaborates well with operational resources to achieve high levels of customer satisfaction during and after the sales process
- Ability to work independently for significant periods of time
- Expected travel 50%+
This job has expired.
- Graduate with a degree from any discipline preferred
- Accident & Health license required
- Prior Management experience of supplemental health/voluntary benefits sales teams. At minimum 5 years prior experience
- Proven sales results and a minimum of 7 years' experience in supplemental health/voluntary benefit industry
- Demonstrate a solid network of broker and distribution partner relationships.
- Understand and have gained experience of the use of technology as a service tool in the insurance market (Enrollment platforms, Benefit Administration, Communications, etc.)
- Track-record in developing profitable business (including annual new sales target and supporting maintenance of territory book), ideally in the supplemental health/voluntary benefits market