Our generous benefits packages including medical, dental, vision, and retirement savings plan with up to 6% match! Would you like to spend all the holidays with your friends and family? Garlock enables you to have quality time with those you love the most!
This is a 1st shift position (6:00am-2:00pm, Monday to Friday)
How can you stand out?
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Previous experience or willingness to learn how to drive a fork truck
- Knowledge or mechanics or equipment adjustments
- Previous manufacturing experience preferred
- Previous machinist experience preferred
What are you going to do? You will work with our Rubber Products by operating a Mill & Calender Machine to form sheet, roll and slab stock of uncured rubber and/or frictioned fabrics. You will inspect our printing operation, operate a steam vulcanizer and operate our hydraulic press machine. You also will:
- Perform all types of fabrication i.e. friction, skim, make sheet and ply up even though operator may generally operate a machine restricted to one or two operations.
- Use various fillers such as wire, nylon, cotton, etc. in the making of sheet.
- Assist and direct the activities of assigned helpers, mill-man and assistant operator.
- Works from order cards to determine style of material to be run by turning steam and cold water valves; levels and keys calendar rolls for desired speed; sets knives to cut sheeting to proper width; adjusts rolls for thickness of compound.
- Places liners, metal drums, take-off rollers or material to be frictioned or skimmed in machine.
- Controls speed and adjusts tension on materials and liners, removes trimmers and salvage, gauges stock for thickness and makes necessary adjustments when operating calendar.
- Makes soapstone calendared stocks; may ply up slab stocks on table.
- Trucks dry cloth, liner and materials from storage to calendar as needed; removes, weights and trucks finished goods to proper area.
- Uses power hoist to lift heavy rolls, drums, etc., to and from machine and hand truck to transport goods.
- Keeps daily production records.
- Operates a rubber mill to mix or warm up rubber compounds, reclaimed rubber or raw rubber.
- Operates mill which is used to mix prepared batches or one which is utilized to warm up compounds prior to use in calendar.
- Batches and compound may be delivered to machine or operator may obtain material from holding area with hydraulic jack or truck.
- Turns on oil cups prior to starting mill; regulates flow of cold water to mill rolls; adjusts mill rolls for proper thickness or rubber.
- Feeds compound or batch ingredients to mill; mixes, blends or works material by cutting back and forth across mill roll and pulling stock from roll.
- Visually determines when compound has been mixed sufficiently; removes rubber from mill to calendar.
- Carries compound from mill to calendar.
- Removes sample on mixed batches and proceeds to dip or soapstone slabs and place in rack or on skid.
- Assists in calendaring operations by performing such duties as the feeding of material to calendar, winding of calendered stock into liners, inserting and removing liners and rolls, cutting of trimmers, removal of compound from calendar.
Click on the link to have an idea about the job and how the machine works:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oIHTFaOjKGc PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
Maximum weight to be lifted: 35 lbs. (anything over 35 lbs requires two people or mechanical device)
Frequency per shift: 20%
Repetitive motion tasks: lifting, pulling, bending
Duration of the shift: 25%
OTHER: towmotor license WORKING CONDITIONS:
EnPro Industries are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. This specification is intended to indicate the kinds of tasks and levels of work difficulty that will be required of positions that will be given this title and shall not be construed as declaring what the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under his/her supervision. The use of a particular expression or illustration describing duties shall not be held to exclude other duties not mentioned. Ability to competently perform all the essential duties of the position, with or without reasonable accommodation, demonstrated commitment to effective customer service delivery, and the ability to work productively as a member of a team or work group are basic requirements of all positions at Garlock.
- Able to work around dirt, dust, soapstone, occasional heat & fumes
- Union Environment