LJB Inc. is a national engineering firm that provides civil and structural engineering, as well as geospatial, safety and environmental services. Our diverse expertise, client base, and geographies have enabled LJB to serve clients in all 50 U.S. states and several countries.
At LJB, we think bigger and are committed to improving the quality of life for our clients, communities, and employees.
Our geospatial and survey team includes experts in data collection, reality capture, GIS and asset management. We leverage the latest technology to provide solutions for project planning, management, design, and construction.
We are currently seeking candidates to fill the position of mid-level Traffic Engineer in Louisville or Bowling Green, KY. You will be expected to immediately impact our firm as we seek the best methods to serve our clients. You must exhibit a professional attitude, visionary thinking, innovative ideas, analytical problem solving and a willingness to collaborate while having the ability to work independently.
MID-LEVEL TRAFFIC ENGINEER MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
MID-LEVEL TRAFFIC ENGINEER QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
- Traffic impact studies
- Traffic operations analyses
- Safety studies
- Signal system design
- Signal timing plans
- Maintenance of traffic
- Pavement markings and signage
- Highway lighting design
- Corridor studies
- Ability to identify project issues and facilitate resolution.
- Ability to analyze situations and identify ways to improve efficiency.
- Project/task management.
- Maintain client relationships.
- Ability to work in a team setting collaboratively with group of other traffic and transportation/civil engineers.
- Occasionally visit work site, monitoring project progress and reports findings.
- Ability to meet all safety requirements if/when visiting a work site.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in civil engineering required.
- P.E. license registered in the Commonwealth of Kentucky is required; PTOE preferred.
- 5+ years of experience required.
- Experience working with KYTC preferred.
- Experience with Synchro/SimTraffic, HCS, SIDRA, TransModeler, VISSIM, AutoCAD/MicroStation/Geopak/Open Roads Designer and Microsoft Office.
- Experience with Travel Demand Modeling Software (TransCAD, CUBE), ArcGIS, SignCAD preferred.
- Knowledge of the Highway Capacity Manual and NCDOT Congestion Management Guidelines.
- Strong technical background with good client skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required
LJB offers competitive compensation packages, which includes paid time off, a 401(k)/profit sharing plan, tuition reimbursement, flexibility, and mobility. LJB Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer including veterans/disabilities. If you are a self-starting individual who wishes to join an established team that believes in excellence in the workplace, this opportunity is for you.
Recruiters or staffing agencies: LJB Inc. is not obligated to compensate any external recruiter or search firm who presents a candidate, their resume, or profile to a LJB Inc. employee without a current, fully executed agreement on file. Please direct all communications to the HR team.
This job has expired.