Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, providing a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries, to make life and our environment safer, healthier and more sustainable. From the food you eat, to the water you drink, to the medicines you rely on, Eurofins works with the biggest companies in the world to ensure the products they supply are safe, their ingredients are authentic and labelling is accurate.Eurofins believes it is a global leader in food, environmental, pharmaceutical and cosmetics products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, CDMO, advanced material sciences and in the support of clinical studies.
In over just 30 years, Eurofins has grown from one laboratory in Nantes, France to over 47,000 staff across a network of more than 900 independent companies in over 50 countries and operating more than 800 laboratories. Eurofins offers a portfolio of over 200,000 analytical methods to evaluate the safety, identity, composition, authenticity, origin, traceability and purity of biological substances and products, as well as providing innovative clinical diagnostic testing services, as one of the leading global emerging players in specialised clinical diagnostics testing.
In 2019, Eurofins generatedtotal revenues of EUR € 4.56 billion, and has been among the best performing stocks in Europe over the past 20 years.
- Applies GMP/GLP in all areas of responsibility, as appropriate
- Demonstrates and promotes the company vision
- Attendance - Regular attendance and punctuality
- Administration - Administer metrology program; maintain equipment database; tag instruments; perform scheduling with internal clients and external vendors
- Maintenance, Calibration, Qualification, Repair, and Troubleshooting -Advanced laboratory instrumentation/equipment such as stability chambers, CO2 incubators, HPLCs, GCs, chromatography detectors
- Investigations - Complete instrument/equipment failure investigations including impact assessment with appropriate corrective action under minimal supervision
- Vendor Calibrations - Send instruments/equipment to vendors for calibration and repair; coordinate services on-site; communicate with vendors and service personnel regarding instrumentation issues; write transmittal letters regarding shipments and service required; review vendor equipment certificates for compliance and accuracy
- Time Tracking - Maintain departmental spreadsheets to provide time trending and task data
- Continued Growth - Learn operation, maintenance, calibration, repair, and troubleshooting of instruments/equipment through reading equipment manuals, attendance at internal and external courses, and vendor contact
- Procedures - Review and provide technical input on calibration and qualification procedures
- EMS - Ability to navigate system, review trends and retrieve/compile data; responsible for acknowledgement and response to EMS system alarms including corrective action to return chambers to specified operating conditionsValidations - Execute testing for change controls and validation protocols; initiate documentation from templates for routine instrument changes and summaries
- New Technology - Assist with investigation of new technology and instrumentation for the laboratory
- Conducts all activities in a safe and efficient manner
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in physical science (chemistry, physics, etc.); course work in instrumental analysis helpful; instrument repair and troubleshooting helpful
- At least one year laboratory instrumentation experience; experience working with tools, diagnostic equipment, and electronic hardware; PC experience required
- Professional in written word, spoken word, and actions; good understanding of chemistry and physics; good understanding of instrumentation theory; understanding of electronics; good dexterity; good time-management skills; logical thinking; effective communication, team player, willingness to learn; ability to learn and use GMP-compliant work practices and systems; good work habits (i.e., organization, efficiency, safety consciousness, and accuracy); ability to learn the operations of new hardware and software systems; ability to troubleshoot hardware and instrumentation problems; reading comprehension; problem-solving skills; ability to work under stressful conditions; organized, logical, and mature thought process; ability to follow directions.
Position is full-time, Monday - Friday 8:00am - 5:00pm. Candidates currently living within a commutable distance of Lancaster, PAare encouraged to apply.
Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.Eurofins is aM/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
This job has expired.
- Excellent full time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, dental, and vision options
- Life and disability insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid vacation and holidays