Mercer FP&A Director
What can you expect?
The GBS Wealth Finance Lead supports Mercer's Global Wealth business. This role acts as the primary contact on all revenue and expense matters for the Global Wealth business supporting the Leadership Team to manage a P&L with over $2B of annual revenue. This position will work closely with the Wealth Leadership team overseeing the financial processes across all sub-businesses including supporting OCIO globally.
What is in it for you?
This role will have exposure to key business and finance partners globally, as well as opportunities to help drive transformative change within the GBS team. The team aspires to improve, become more efficient, and innovate. We are looking for someone who not only has the technical skill set, but is proactive, motivated and has the ability to partner effectively with the business. The ideal candidate thrives in a fast-paced environment, with a willingness and ability to respond to requests from the business and finance colleagues with urgency and enthusiasm.
The ideal candidate will be proactive, with eagerness to learn and be able to provide insights that will enable growth for the business. This role will include tasks and responsibilities that help the team to deliver on both 1) core FP&A responsibilities (book close, forecast development, budgeting); as well as 2) analyses that provide business leaders and colleagues with insightful decision support and drive growth objectives
This individual will be a self-starter, who will ensure that deliverables and key tasks are delivered timely and accurately, with company policies and procedures being followed and/or improved upon. Overall, the candidate should be a detail-oriented individual who demonstrates strong service focus, excellent communication skills, a strategic partner, desire for significant collaboration and strong leader.
We will count on you to:
What you need to have:
- Perform the monthly close, forecast, and budget process for Global Wealth, including any required reporting for the business and corporate reporting with limited oversight
- Manage a team of professionals
- Coordinates within the broader finance team to consolidate and summarize aggregate performance and projections across the various departments
- Communicates key insights regarding business performance, forecasts, budgets and sales activity to finance and business leaders
- Develop/maintain financial models to enable analytics around trends, performance, and outlook that are consistent throughout the business units
- Facilitate sound management decisions through financial and metric reporting while highlighting material variances, trends, & risks/opportunities, and providing insightful commentary to the business and finance partners
- Perform ad hoc analyses on financial data and business requests to monitor tactical decisions and enable strategic decision making
- Focus on high-quality analytics and predictive planning to analyze multiple scenarios and provide actionable information.
- Foster service-focused relationships with the business leaders while effectively collaborating with other support functions.
- Support Regional / Global initiatives to improve efficiency and visibility to business leaders.
- Assist with automation of processes and on-going analytical development.
- Enhance revenue and expense allocation methodologies and drive reporting.
- Build strong partnerships with management, business partners, Finance teammates, and be able to effectively communicate financial results to all stakeholders.
- Promote and foster a positive work environment that encourages efficiency, professionalism and collaboration
- Support the annual strategic plan and budget, quarterly business and functional reviews, executive management presentations and communications Participate in ad-hoc analysis as required.
What makes you stand out:
- Bachelors required; preferred 8-10 years of experience in financial planning & analysis
- Strong understanding and background in financial analysis techniques and business planning skills
- A desire to hone strong analytical skills, and effective interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and work with all levels of management
- Ability to take on special projects as well as ongoing activity
- Advanced proficiency with Excel; highly proficient with PowerPoint; knowledgeable of Oracle Hyperion Planning and Essbase
- Experience managing a team
This job has expired.
- An intellectual curiosity that pushes the candidate to ask key questions, and connect dots to see the bigger picture of the topic at hand, rather than the targeted question being asked
- A desire to constantly improve and innovate, leading the candidate to examine every task and deliverable with an eye towards potential improvement and/or further ability to streamline