Matrix Providers - Caring for America's military family.
Not just leading the way, leading the industry. Your success is our business.
Matrix Providers is hiring a Medical Laboratory Technician to join our team of talented professionals who provide health care services to our Military Service Members and their families in Oak Harbor, WA.
Employment Status: Full Time
Compensation: This is an hourly position compensated from$31.58 per hour.
Schedule: Monday through Friday, between the hours of 7:00 am and 4:30 pm hours.
Benefits: Competitive financial package with a comprehensive insurance package including health, dental, vision, and life coverage. Click here to learn about our benefits packages.
- Accrued Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Paid Holidays (Outlined in Handbook)
- 401(k) Plan
The Medical Laboratory Technician
must have and meet the following:
Education: Graduate from a medical laboratory technician training program accredited by the National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Sciences (NAACLS) or the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES) or an educational program acceptable to the American Medical Technologist (AMT).
Certification: Certification/registration as determined by the American Society for Clinical Pathology (ASCP) or AMT.
Experience: One year of experience.
- Perform a full range of clinical laboratory tests in any one or a combination of the following sections of the laboratory: hematology, chemistry, cytology, histotechnology, urinalysis, serology, microbiology, and blood bank as outlined.
- Determine the suitability of specimens for analysis. Prepare specimens for analysis and ensure that the physiologic state of the properties is maintained.
- Prepare reagents and primary reference materials as necessary. Calibrate, standardize, adjust, and maintain instruments. Verify correct instrument operation using established procedures and quality control checks. Identify the cause of common problems and make simple repairs.
- Recognize and react to indicators of malfunction. Locate and implement corrections. Obtain analytical data, convert it to a prescribed unit of reporting, as necessary, and correlate data to verify results.
- Conduct quality control procedures on equipment, reagents, and products and maintain proper records for quality control and quality assurance reports.
- Prepare specimens for transport to MTF laboratory or for mail-out.
- Prepare biological waste for proper disposal.
Matrix Providers is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. For our EEO Policy Statement, please click here.
Matrix Providers endeavors to make www.matrixproviders.com accessible to all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact our Recruiting Hotline Number, 1-877-807-8277, TTY LINE, 385-722-8109. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.