Collaboration drives Nordson's success as a market leader in Industrial Precision Solutions and Advanced Technology. Our employees thrive in an environment where we help each other reach our personal best and enable our company to continuously improve and grow, and our customers to succeed. You will find Nordson employees sharing our success by giving back in the communities around the world where we live and work.
Nordson MEDICAL designs, engineers and manufactures complex devices and components with applications in wound healing, surgical and minimally invasive, fluid management, pulmonology and interventional and structural heart. Our pioneering Advanced Polymers team was the first to manufacture and supply medical balloons to the medical device industry. Nordson MEDICAL works with doctors, start-ups and large medical companies around the world at any point in the product lifecycle, from concept to launch and beyond.
The Mechanical Engineer is responsible for all Process development and quality aspects of product within the company, and for providing technical support to the various business units. The Mechanical Engineer reports directly to the Engineering Manager.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
The Mechanical Engineer shall, at a minimum, be responsible for the following functions:
Education and Experience Requirements
- Support production departments by implementing Continuous improvement projects and providing engineering support for daily manufacturing activities
- Specify product specifications with product and process knowledge
- Support the specification, procurement, installation, setup, and validation of equipment necessary to introduce new projects to the manufacturing lines (processes and equipment)
- Author and execute test and validation protocols for FAT, IQ, OQ and PQ.
- High level participation in daily production activities and effective problem solving on daily issues
- Initiate and conduct engineering studies/projects for new processes, process changes and improvements in order to (1) improve safety in manufacturing, (2) improve product quality and uniformity, and (3) increase production efficiency and decrease standard costs.
- Conduct Failure Investigations (Root Cause Analyses) and implement solutions (corrective and preventive actions) that solve manufacturing and product problems, follow-up on corrective and preventive actions to determine their effectiveness and suitability, and prepare written reports on these activities in a timely fashion.
- Assist in the development of training and provide training to production personnel during new technology transfer
- Communications with executive staff, coworkers, customers, vendors, and other business contacts.
- Partner with customers to solve technical issues and determine customer requirements.
- Participating in Company technology planning and development activities.
Skills and Abilities
- Technical Degree in industry related technical discipline.
- 2-5 years prior experience, preferred in similar business sector
- Must have prior experience in medical manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of the basic principles in various engineering disciplines, Mechanical and plastic processing preferred
- AutoCAD, SolidWorks, or equivalent component design knowledge. Must be able to read product-based drawings, mechanical and technical drawings
Working Conditions and Physical Demands
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; basic computer skills, and related office software applications.
- Experience in developing and delivering presentations, meetings, and training events.
- Ability to comprehend technical details and be able to interface with both technical and non-technical personnel.
- Organized, self-motivated, detail oriented, flexible in scheduling and prioritization.
- Able to connect potential technical opportunities to realized outcomes, anticipating all appropriate intermediate and long-range steps.
- Able to adjust tasks in accordance with changing deadlines and priorities.
- Must have positive attitude, critical thinking, and clear decision-making skills
- Ability to sit for long periods.
- Ability to read small print and to see at normal distances.
- Ability to write clearly and legibly.
- Ability to hear within normal ranges in person and on the telephone.
- Ability to speak clearly in person and on the telephone.
- Ability to project a positive and competent Company image.
- Ability to travel to Customer sites.
Nordson Corporation provides equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees. No person is to be discriminated against in any aspect of the employment relationship due to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, citizenship status, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of our pre-employment drug screening and background/criminal check, consistent with applicable laws.
Nordson Corporation provides equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees. No person is to be discriminated against in any aspect of the employment relationship due to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, citizenship status, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of our pre-employment drug screening and background/criminal check, consistent with applicable laws.
This job has expired.