This position provides support to the Maintenance Department by repairing, maintaining, and installing instrumentation, electrical phases, and controls of the plant. Electronic Mechanics designated as a 1st Class Electronics Mechanic must be able to perform and/or assist with all principal functional responsibilities without direction by another Electronics Mechanic.
- Troubleshoots, calibrates, and installs the following systems and instrumentation:
- Electrical Systems
- Electric Motors
- Variable Frequency Drives
- HVAC Systems
- Electrical, Pneumatic, Lab, and Safety Instrumentation
- Electronic and Mechanical Scales
- Total Distributed Control (TDC's)
- Process Logic Communication (PLC's -Allen Bradley)
- Distributed Control Systems (DCS's - Honeywell)
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Repairs and maintains the following equipment: Conduit, Elevators, Vari Drive Units, Substations, Breaker Panels, Switches, Receptacles, Starter Panels, Pressure Regulators, pH and DO probes, off gas analyzers, critical instrument calibration, routine instrument PMs, and Electrical components on tow motors and lift trucks.
- Works with engineers on installing and maintaining experimental equipment.
- Installs and removes safety valves and ruptured disks.
- Changes and rebuilds (electrical) motors of all sizes from 1hp to 200hp.
- Installs light bulbs.
High School Diploma or equivalent. West Virginia Master's Electricians License or Technical Degree, Journeyman Apprenticeship (completion of preferably in Electronics or Electro Pneumatics), or equivalent experience. Two to five (2-5) years of experience in a manufacturing environment as an Instrument Technician or Electrician.TECHNICAL SKILLS REQUIREMENTS:
Applicants must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Solid mechanical abilities
- Solid troubleshooting skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong decision-making ability
- Understanding of the Hazards of Electricity and Electronics
- Familiarity with NFPA 70-E
- Understanding of ASME Relief Valve Procedure
- Strong interpersonal and oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a self-directed team environment.
- Ability to access all areas of the plant.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Computer proficiency: email; internet/online training; working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Familiarity with maintenance and/or ERP software (e.g. SAP) and calibration systems.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 55 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include peripheral vision and depth perception.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee must be able to access all areas of the plant. The colleague can be exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles. The employee will occasionally perform work in wet and/or humid conditions; high, precarious places; outside weather conditions; extreme heat; areas of risk of electrical shock or radiation; and around vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Any unsolicited resumes sent to Zoetis from a third party, such as an Agency recruiter, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Zoetis mailing address, fax machine or email address, directly to Zoetis employees, or to Zoetis resume database will be considered Zoetis property. Zoetis will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.
Zoetis will consider any candidate for whom an Agency has submitted an unsolicited resume to have been referred by the Agency free of any charges or fees. This includes any Agency that is an approved/engaged vendor but does not have the appropriate approvals to be engaged on a search.
Zoetis is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status or any other protected classification. Disabled individuals are given an equal opportunity to use our online application system. We offer reasonable accommodations as an alternative if requested by an individual with a disability. Please contact Zoetis Colleague Services at email@example.com to request an accommodation. Zoetis also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must possess or obtain authorization to work in the US for Zoetis. Zoetis retains sole and exclusive discretion to pursue sponsorship for the acquisition or maintenance of nonimmigrant status and employment eligibility, considering factors such as availability of qualified US workers. Individuals requiring sponsorship must disclose this fact. Please note that Zoetis seeks information related to job applications from candidates for jobs in the U.S. solely via the following: (1) our company website at www.Zoetis.com/careers site, or (2) via email to/from addresses using only the Zoetis domain of "@zoetis.com". In addition, Zoetis does not use Google Hangout for any recruitment related activities. Any solicitation or request for information related to job applications with Zoetis via any other means and/or utilizing email addresses with any other domain should be disregarded. In addition, Zoetis will never ask candidates to make any type of personal financial investment related to gaining employment with Zoetis.
This job has expired.