- ProvidesKlozurewith subject matter expertise and supports all aspects of materials management with a strong focus in lean and ERP system knowledge and leadership.
- Develops and maintains ahighly effective organization. Participates in development, communication and measurementofstrategic objectives withinthematerialsmanagementorganization.Develops talent necessary to obtain shortand long range goals by effective direction,mentoringand training.
- Leadsimprovement activities inmaterials planning/logisticalarenas.Conducts continuous improvement programsacrossbusiness, including Lean approaches with Kanban, milk runs and similar to provide a continuous flow of material at the optimum total cost in a multi-plant/business unit environment.
- Analyzes results of unit operations, especially in the areas ofinventory turns,freight and material variances from standard. Provides aggressive corrective actionplanseliminating the root cause(s). Leads team that communicates tobusiness leaders regardingspecific issues, detailingroot cause and action taken.
- Lead materials planning team to arrange scheduling of production floor and procurement of raw materials, packaging materials and operating supplies to meet production requirements.
- Leads and coordinates physical inventory efforts. Writes and trains in procedures, schedules activity and implements innovative approaches, like audits and cycle counts.
- Directs those activities that provide assurance that safety, health and environmental rules and regulations are met or exceeded.
- Bachelor's Degree inMaterials Management,Engineering, Business Administration or equivalent
- 8-10 years broad experience in the field of materials and general management
- Computer skills inGoogle,MSOffice and ERP systems
- Demonstrated knowledgeofoptimizingmaterials management supply chainthrough the application of Lean tools and techniques.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Some travel may be required
WORKING CONDITIONS: Manufacturing
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Garlock values diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you require accommodation due to a disability at any time during the recruitment and/or assessment process, please contact Talent Acquisition and we will make all reasonable efforts to accommodate your request.
This job has expired.