Veolia Group aims to be the benchmark company for ecological transformation. With nearly 220,000 employees worldwide, the Group designs and provides game-changing solutions that are both useful and practical for water, waste and energy management. Through its three complementary business activities, Veolia helps to develop access to resources, preserve available resources and replenish them. In 2021, the Veolia group provided 79 million inhabitants with drinking water and 61 million with sanitation, produced nearly 48 million megawatt hours and recovered 48 million tons of waste. Veolia Environnement (Paris Euronext: VIE) achieved consolidated revenue of 28,508 billion euros in 2021. www.veolia.com
Responsible for performing a variety of routine hazardous and non-hazardous waste tasks in the movement of solids and liquids. Under direct supervision, tasks could include all types of manual labor in cleaning and decontamination operations, vacuum projects and handling, packing, re-packing, unloading, and loading containers for processing at the site or transportation to appropriate facilities.
PRIMARY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Load and unload various size containers (totes, drums, tankers, trailers. etc.)
2. Construct boxes and/or fiber containers and stacks, labels, and loads containers.
3. Use a variety of tools such as impact wrenches, shovels, jackhammers, etc.
4. Transport hazardous waste materials from storage facilities within the facility as directed.
5. Decontaminate and dispose of empty drums and/or containers according to RCRA and disposal guidelines.
6. Assist in completing all necessary paperwork for processing materials to include transportation of materials to and from various locations.
7. Perform general housekeeping duties.
8. Maintain a clean, organized, and safe work area.
9. Inspection material handling equipment as directed.
10. Assist in the loading/unloading of hazardous and non-hazardous waste materials at designated sites utilizing appropriate equipment for which you are appropriately trained.
11. Other duties as assigned.
Education / Experience / Background
● High School diploma or General Educational Development (GED) preferred
● Prior work experience of 3 to 6 months in the hazardous waste or chemical industry in a
related position with proficiency in handling forklifts and a variety of tools preferred
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities
● Ability to communicate through reading and writing
● Trained in the use of material handling equipment
Required Certification / Licenses / Training
● 40-Hour HAZWOPER training preferred
VNA is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity. VNA's practices and employment decisions, including those regarding recruitment, hiring, assignment, promotion, compensation, benefits, training, discipline, and termination shall not be based on any person's sex, race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, veteran status, citizenship status or other protected group status as defined by applicable law. VNA gives fair consideration to all qualified individuals and affords all employees and applicants opportunities for advancement according to their individual abilities without regard to membership in any applicable protected category. No opportunity for hire, advancement or any other condition of employment will be diminished through unlawful discriminatory practices.
Add your resume to our resume database that can be searched by employers looking to hire!
Stay up to date with job alerts! Customize your alerts based on a specific area, category and receive weekly updates!
Posted about 4 hours ago
North Charleston, South Carolina
Posted about 2 hours ago
Las Vegas, Nevada
Posted about 2 hours ago