Position: Manufacturing Engineer Co-Op (Foundry Operations) Location: Seneca Falls, NY Education: Mechanical Engineering / Mechanical Engineering Technology Academic Schedule: Spring/Summer 2023, full-time, 40 hours per weekAbout the experience: Our ITT Goulds Pumps co-op candidates have the unique opportunity to work for one of the most recognizable pump brands in the world. They will obtain firsthand experience in the design and manufacture of engineered to order, high specification industrial pumps and monitoring equipment. Our top mechanical engineering and design professionals will offer guidance and mentorship for each candidate.
- Able to analyze existing production processes, identify work elements and document processes. Area of focus to include component machining, gaging and finishing.
- Document tooling, fixtures & other process equipment for existing products and processes.
- Supports senior engineers working with suppliers to implement production processes to meet quality and production output needs.
- Develops innovative solutions to complex engineering and manufacturing production problems with suppliers through identification and implementation of manufacturing process including conducting process analysis, applying knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling and materials, and soliciting observations from the operators/production technicians.
- Refines and enhances processes by applying continuous improvement and Lean manufacturing techniques to areas of production.
- Evaluates capital equipment investments and prepare cost justifications. Designs and prepares concept drawings of new equipment or modifications to existing equipment. Writes equipment specifications for work with outside vendors. Manages the overall implementation of capital equipment projects.
- Identifies and implements solutions for issues relating to safety, quality, productivity, cost & delivery
- Assures product and process quality by designing testing methods, testing finished product and process capabilities, and establishing standards to confirm and validate manufacturing process requirements. Determines root cause of failure using statistical methods (e.g., design of experiment, SPC) that may result in changes in design, tolerances, or processing methods.
- Prepares documentation for new and existing processes and engineering procedures. Develops manufacturing work instructions, procedures, and standard work using through the use of engineering methods.
- Assists leadership team and others in performing work load analysis and resources optimization.
- Assures product and process quality by designing error proof mechanisms; establishing standards; and validating manufacturing processes.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
About the Company:
- Working towards BS degree in Mechanical, Manufacturing or Mechanical Engineering, or a related field of engineering is preferred.
- Prior co-op experience is required
- Experience with Pro-E / Creo, AutoCad, and / or MasterCam is preferred
- Writing specification for complex equipment & working w/ vendors
- Ability to write work instructions & related documentation
- DFM preferred
- A basic working knowledge of controls
- A positive attitude & hands-on mentality
ITT, headquartered in Stamford, CT, operates competitively in more than 35 countries with sales in approximately 125 countries and partners with customers to deliver enduring solutions to the key industries that underpin our modern way of life. The company generated 2021 revenues of $2.8 billion.
ITT was named to the Forbes 2019 list of America's Best Midsize Employers. This achievement recognizes ITT's focus and commitment to fostering a healthy, high-performing culture and creating a work-place defined by innovation and continuous improvement. ITT's CEO and CFO were both recognized as 2020 All-America Executive Team by Institutional Investor magazine. Also bestowed to ITT was the 2018 Manufacturing Leadership Award that distinguishes ITT for its visionary leadership, commitment to employees and workplace culture, and the ability to innovatively solve problems for customers.
ITT operates through three Value Centers (business units): Industrial Process
designs and manufactures pumps, valves, monitoring and control systems, water treatment and aftermarket services for the chemical, oil and gas, mining and other industrial process markets, as well as global service capabilities; Motion Technologies
designs and manufactures brake pads, shock absorbers and sealing solutions for the automotive and rail markets; Connect and Control Technologies
designs and manufactures harsh-environment connectors and critical energy absorption and flow control components primarily for the aerospace, defense and industrial markets.