Altra Industrial Motion is a leading global designer and manufacturer of quality power transmission and motion control products utilized on a wide variety of industrial drivetrain applications.
Founded in 1857, TB Wood's has grown to become a global leader in the design and manufacturer of industrial couplings and belted drive solutions. TB Wood's foundry operations are capable of producing gray and ductile iron parts up to 10,000 lbs. per cast part. Reliable TB Wood's products are utilized in many key markets including food & beverage, energy, wastewater, concrete, metals, pulp & paper and material handling on applications such as conveyor systems, rolling mills, pumps, compressors, palletizers, de-barkers, printing equipment, fans & blowers, machine tools, and mixers. Learn more information at https://www.altramotion.com/our-brands/tb-woods-incorporated
The Manufacturing Engineer (Machining) will provide Engineering support to all manufacturing machining processes and equipment. This support will include process design, maintenance, tooling, and troubleshooting of equipment and processes. This individual will coordinate the delivery, installation, and ramp up of new equipment when required while supporting TB Wood's Core Value Driver (CVD) improvements - optimizing processes and applying lean manufacturing concepts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure customer component specifications are adequately processed through manufacturing throughout the product realization cycle and that defined processes are within control prior to release to production
- Participate in Material Review Board (MRB) and Corrective and Preventive Action Request (CPAR) processing
- Quality and Cost Improvement Projects: Design and implement methods for process control, process improvement, testing and inspection
- Responsible for continuous improvement activities by applying lean manufacturing concepts, Cycle Time Improvements, Standard Work, Mistake Proofing, etc.
- Assist with establishing project definition, objectives, and outlining of key project goals for capital equipment investments and supporting tooling through successful implementation and qualification
- Lead and participate in continuous improvement, problem-solving and Kaizen activities
- Work with design engineering to determine remediation on existing part quality issues
- Provide technical support to ensure that production needs and goals are accomplished
- Establish and maintain appropriate documentation for changes to processes and equipment (Work Instructions, Tool Drawings, etc.)
- Create, audit and improve standard work and job breakdown information in conjunction with the production area leaders
- Interfaces with other functional entities to ensure production processing needs are met
The company in which you have expressed employment interest is a subsidiary or affiliate of Altra Industrial Motion Corp. The subsidiary or affiliate is referred to as an ""Altra Company."" Altra Industrial Motion Corp. and all Altra Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or other characteristics protected by law. The ""EEO is the Law"" poster is available at: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf. Individuals who need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process will have the opportunity to request accommodation during the application process.Job Requirements Critical Competencies
Education and Experience Requirements
- CNC machining, with G and M Code Programming/Editing experience
- Knowledge and understanding of heavy metal cutting processes
- Specific experience within a high pace manufacturing environment
- Prior experience achieving measurable and sustainable results in a lean manufacturing environment
- Experience solving complex issues utilizing continuous process improvement tools and facilitating Kaizen events
- Familiar with Autodesk Software, Inventor, AutoCAD, Vault, etc. preferred
Physical Demand and Work Environment:
- BS in Engineering and a minimum of 3 years' work experience in an engineering role
- Knowledge of machining processes, tooling (round tool, insert, etc.) and knowledge of equipment (lathe, machining center, etc.) including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance
- Understand PFMEA, statistical probability, and root cause analysis
- Demonstrated troubleshooting/problem-solving experience in an engineering role
- Demonstrated leadership skills resulting in measured improvement and sustainability
- Ability to periodically support second and third shifts
Work environment includes regular exposure to noise levels at or above 85 decibels, dust particles, light radiation, paint or oil products, and weather changes. Appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) will be required to be worn during shift. Primarily in the machine shop/foundry environment, secondarily performing office work.
Physical requirements include standing and walking for long periods of time, navigating elevated walkways and lifting, bending, and kneeling. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EEO Statement: The company in which you have expressed employment interest is a subsidiary or affiliate of Altra Industrial Motion Corp. The subsidiary or affiliate is referred to as an ""Altra Company."" Altra Industrial Motion Corp. and all Altra Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or other characteristics protected by law. The ""EEO is the Law"" poster is available at: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf. If you have a disability and need assistance accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request assistance by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This job has expired.