Join a Legacy of Innovation 110 Years and Counting!
Daiichi Sankyo Group is dedicated to the creation and supply of innovative pharmaceutical therapies to improve standards of care and address diversified, unmet medical needs of people globally by leveraging our world-class science and technology. With more than 100 years of scientific expertise and a presence in more than 20 countries, Daiichi Sankyo and its 15,000 employees around the world draw upon a rich legacy of innovation and a robust pipeline of promising new medicines to help people. Under the Group's 2025 Vision to become a "Global Pharma Innovator with Competitive Advantage in Oncology," Daiichi Sankyo is primarily focused on providing novel therapies in oncology, as well as other research areas centered around rare diseases and immune disorders.
Manager, Sales Training and Development - Oncology serves as the training subject matter expert with their assigned secondary customers (Brand & Marketing Teams). This role serves as training representative on the secondary customer's commercial brand teams and coordinates brand/customer training strategies and needs. In addition, this individual serves as the primary training staff and is responsible for developing and conducting training classes and workshops, leading coaching groups and coaching representatives through Initial Sales training, POA training, and Advanced Sales training. They must evaluate, select and manage vendors and/or projects that enhance disease state and/or product knowledge, and/or selling skills.
- Product Training Development: Partner with stakeholders to develop and maintain product & brand related sales training tools, workshops, and classroom presentations to ensure content is current and meet the needs of all stakeholders. Develop continuous learning tools (i.e. Training Wires), e-learning, and assessment programs to support all sales training programs and that are aligned to a brand and stakeholder needs. Responsible for managing the development, implementation, and evaluation of such programs. Ensure projects and materials are evaluated against and meet good training and adult learning principals and ensure all projects and materials have been through the correct regulatory review process before being delivered to field sales forces.
- Support secondary customer by developing training tools, workshops, presentations and brand content for all Brand outreach initiatives and for all Product Launch, Sales, and POA Meetings. Take the lead in "Train-the-Trainer" programs when rolling out assigned customers training programs and materials to field sales management teams at sales meetings and support as required field POA meetings.
- New Hire Training: Responsible for leading, coaching, developing, educating and evaluating a diverse group of new sales representatives per Initial Sales training class. Responsible for teaching DSI Selling Skills and coaching for progressive skills development; Assessing and training product knowledge and clinical selling; Teaching and coaching managed care overview, as well as strategy and pull through techniques coaching on behavioral issues; creating training final evaluations and continued development plans; Delivering final evaluations and development plans to Sales Leadership; supporting continued development through field ride.
- Training and Facilitating: Ensures maximum effectiveness of sales force by developing and facilitating disease state, product information and selling skills workshops during all phases of Sales Training; Leads by example to create an environment of integrity, character, accountability and trust; Promotes and supports the spirit of Daiichi Sankyo's culture, while ensuring compliance of company policies.
- Vendor Management: Interviews, evaluates, and selects vendors for capabilities appropriate to the development of materials to meet the needs of learning and marketing initiatives. Manage vendors and projects to meet project goals and to optimize timing and budgetary requirements.
- Responsibilities Interaction & Collaboration level: Requires interaction with vendors and key senior stakeholders at Sr manager and director level in sales, sales training, and marketing on daily to weekly basis.
- Special Projects and Other Departmental Support: Supporting any training projects and other department initiatives, to include senior management special projects, corporate task forces, department team evaluations and interview programs; large cross functional training projects (e.g. Product Launches, New Hire Classes, Home Office Training, etc...)
- Responsibilities Interaction & Collaboration level: Requires interaction with key senior stakeholders at director level and above cross functionally on a weekly/bi-weekly basis
- Self-Development: Maintains and enhances product and disease state knowledge to stay current on national sales trends and innovations to ensure the proper creation of training materials.
Successful candidates will be able to meet the qualifications below with or without a reasonable accommodation.
Education Qualifications (from an accredited college or university)
- Bachelor's Degree emphasis in health sciences is preferred required
- MBA or other advanced degree preferred
- 4 or More Years overall related experience or commensurate education and experience required
- 1 or More Years oncology experience (solid tumor preferred), preferred
- 1 or More Years pharmaceutical sales, preferred
- 1 or More Years cross-functional experience (e.g., sales training, curriculum development, or product management) or equivalent preferred
- Oncology and/or Rare Disease therapeutic knowledge preferred
- Lifting & transporting training materials up to 70 lbs 5% of Time
- Ability to travel up to 40% Overnight Travel including field contacts, advisory board and task force meetings, National Meetings, POA meetings and additional training initiatives
Daiichi Sankyo, Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This job has expired.