Manages staff within the company's financial analysis area. May provide members of management with financial information or projections. Evaluates current and proposed financial plans and policies including one or more of the following activities: company planning, divisional planning, profitability analysis, cost analysis, or management services and recommends changes that will accrue to the organization's profitability.
- Assists in the preparation, review and ongoing monitoring of budgets, forecasts, strategic plans and other financial data to assist management with current and long range planning.
- Recommends the standards for sharing best practices across all BU FP&A groups and is responsible for all financial control, analysis and support of corporate FP&A.
- Manages work to align SVM budget and strategic plans brand volume and trade support objectives.
- Serves as a key resource to SVP FP&A in evaluating financial issues and providing the necessary solutions and recommendations.
- Recommend methodologies for analyses, design and implement strategic analyses.
- Manage a small team of financial analysts and programmers.
- Assist in writing complex business rules to provide additional reporting capabilities.
- Review financial data and conduct financial analysis, if required.
- Provide support for integrating BU-level acquisitions.
- Perform ad hoc reporting and analysis as required by SVP FP&A
- Design, develop and deliver analytical training for FP&A personnel.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Management, Economics or Math - MBA preferred, CPA or other professional qualification is a plus
- 5 years in the Financial Planning (preferably with TM1); knowledge of Cognos Controller a plus; knowledge of other Financial Planning & Budgeting applications (Hyperion and Oracle) is a plus
- Working knowledge of finance and accounting processes and principals
- Demonstrated knowledge of financial statement analysis, income statement, balance sheet and cash flow
- Demonstrated ability to accurately model the financial aspects and outcomes of business issues using spreadsheets and/or other applicable tools
- Knowledge of JD Edwards accounting software is a plus
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of financial modeling
- Strong presentation, verbal and written skills are a must as the individual will be expected to participate in communications with senior management and the broader organization
- Highly-motivated, self-started with good project management skills and ability to multi- task and manage competing priorities
- Keen analytical and problem-solving skills, with ability to learn new systems and processes quickly
- Ability to understand financial and related operational data, synthesize results, then develop and prioritize actionable insights and recommendations to make intelligent operational decisions driving efficiency and cost savings
- Ability to work well independently and in collaboration with others
- Consultative and collaborative approach with demonstrated ability to act as a true business partner
The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential function to this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Incumbent must be prepared to:
- Move up to 10 pounds occasionally, by lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, or otherwise repositioning objects.
- Sitting for long periods of time while using office equipment such as computers, phones and etc.
- Fingering and Repetitive motions; such as movement of wrists, hands and fingers while picking, pinching and typing during your normal working environment.
- Express or exchange ideas with others through the use of spoken word, quickly, accurately, and at an easily audible volume, and receive detailed information through oral communication at usual speaking levels without correction, and/or make fine discriminations in the nature of sounds in the environment.
Incumbent is required to have:
- Close visual acuity to perform detail oriented activities at distances close to the eyes, as well as visual acuity to perform activities at or within arm's reach with skill, control, and accuracy, such as preparing and analyzing data, viewing computer screen and expansive reading.
Incumbent will be subject to:
Terminix companies are proud to be EOE.California residents click here to review your privacy rights. https://tinyurl.com/CA-Notice
This job has expired.
- Inside working conditions: The change of building environment such as with or without air conditioning and heating.