Collaboration drives Nordson's success as a market leader in Industrial Precision Solutions and Advanced Technology. Our employees thrive in an environment where we help each other reach our personal best and enable our company to continuously improve and grow, and our customers to succeed. You will find Nordson employees sharing our success by giving back in the communities around the world where we live and work.
The Manager of Corporate Development will participate in and lead important elements of corporate development activities across the corporation including acquisitions, divestitures, and strategic alliances.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
Education and Experience RequirementsEducation
- Work with business units to identify attractive acquisition opportunities consistent with their strategy.
- Participate in and lead certain aspects of transaction execution including project management, due diligence, valuation and transaction document generation.
- Prepare and assess qualitative, financial and valuation analysis of potential transactions and initiatives in conjunction with Business Group / Business Unit Controllers.
- Assist in the continuous development and documentation of best-in-class valuation and transaction execution processes.
- Develop and monitor applicable industry and M&A analysis; track and report on key industry and M&A drivers and trends.
- Train and coach business unit personnel in the corporate development, valuation and due diligence processes.
- Provide post transaction support to various Corporate functions including to support closing balance sheet review and purchase accounting fair value assessments.
- Provide integration project management support to Division leadership and Integration Leads.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Business or related field required.
- MBA preferred.
Preferred Skills and Abilities
- Minimum 3-5 years Mergers & Acquisitions experience in corporate development, financial analysis and forecasting, and project management functions.
- Transaction due diligence and financial valuation modeling.
Working Environment and Physical Demands
- Comprehensive understanding of valuation methodologies and financial analysis and forecasting.
- Fundamental understanding of business practices.
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Team player with strong attention to accuracy and detail.
- Ability to interface with all levels of management.
- Ability to handle multiple, complex and competing priorities and projects.
- Ability to handle confidential information.
- Intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Office, especially Excel and PowerPoint.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.Travel Required
Estimated 20% Domestic & 10% International
Nordson Corporation provides equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees. No person is to be discriminated against in any aspect of the employment relationship due to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, citizenship status, marital status, veteran status or any other reason prohibited by law.
Nordson Corporation provides equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees. No person is to be discriminated against in any aspect of the employment relationship due to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, citizenship status, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of our pre-employment drug screening and background/criminal check, consistent with applicable laws.