GREAT PEOPLE | GREAT BENEFITS | JOIN OUR ALL-STAR TEAM!
Maintenance Technician, $14.00+/hour
The Big Sur Lodge, managed by Guest Services, is now hiring Maintenance Technicians. Applicants must have experience with general repair and preventative maintenance.
Nestled deep in the mighty redwood forest of Pfeiffer Big SurState Park, Big Sur Lodge has long been a haven for writers, artists, seekersof beauty, and weary travelers in search of the peace and majesty that theancient redwoods bestow on body and soul. Pfeiffer Big Sur State Park is oftencalled "mini-Yosemite" for its natural splendors. With the rugged centralCalifornia Pacific coastline to the west and the dramatic Santa Lucia mountainrange to the east, Big Sur Lodge offers a rejuvenating escape from the hecticpace of everyday life.
Join our amazing team at the Big Sur Lodge, which is well knownfor its exquisite beauty, dramatic vistas, and temperate climates. We worktogether every day to provide an amazing experience for our guests and teammembers alike!
This position pays $14.00-16.00/hour. We have both Seasonal and Regularopportunities available!
Our team members enjoy amazing benefits such as*:
- Low cost, dorm style housing available for non-local team members/a generous commuting stipend for local team members
- Employer provided meals
- Free parking
- Discounts in our retail shop and restaurant
- Discounts on lodging (based on availability)
- Complimentary camping opportunities
- Health insurance options
- 401K savings plan
- Paid time off
- Employee discounts at recreational and lodging facilities nationwide
- And more!
*Benefits may vary depending on employment type
We also encourage our team members to take advantage of theproperty! Whether you enjoy a slow morning walk or prefer a vigorous hikethrough the numerous footpaths of this breathtaking 1,006-acre state park,you'll be welcomed by some of the most scenic wonders our country has to offer.
Apply today to join our All-star team!JOB SUMMARY
The Maintenance Technician assists by performing all aspects of maintenance and repair work on all mechanical, structural, and electrical equipment and systems on assigned locations. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
- Receive direction from the Maintenance Manager and assist in the overall maintenance and repair of the assigned unit's operations.
- Conduct scheduled inspections of designated buildings and equipment; check and repair equipment malfunctions.
- Make major repairs to electrical, plumbing, heating, air conditioning and refrigeration equipment as needed.
- Respond immediately and resolve emergency facility needs/issues regarding safety/security/business requirements, including fire alarm systems; disengage electrical, water, or gas systems as necessary.
- Lock and secure all buildings and facilities; monitor, activate and reset automatic security systems as appropriate.
- Assist Manager with inventory/security of supplies is adequate for the maintenance of units.
- Maintain and ensure safe facility environment including standards for maintenance and upkeep of facility's equipment. Notify Manager of all unusual events, circumstances, or other safety or quality control issues.
- Represent the company in a professional and positive manner at all times. Maintain and enhance the company's image when interacting with clients, guests, associates, and vendors.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS
- Partial High School education; High School Diploma/G.E.D. equivalent preferred.
- Valid Driver's License and a clean driving record required.
- Strong customer service abilities; actively looks for ways to assist customers and coworkers.
- Ability to recognize when a problem has occurred and communicate it to management.
- Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly frequent movements from place to place within the unit or assigned work location. Bend, lift, carry, crawl, climb, reach/extend arms and hands above shoulder height frequently, or otherwise move in a constantly changing environment.
- Lifting, carrying, and pushing up to 25 lbs. regularly, 30-35 lbs. frequently, and up to 50 lbs. occasionally.
- Climbing steps and ladders regularly.
- Withstanding temperature extremes in indoor and outdoor environments.
- Reading and writing work-related documents in English.
- Speech recognition and clarity, including the ability to understand the speech of customers and co-workers and the ability to speak clearly so that you can be understood by co-workers.
- Physical presence at the job site is essential to perform job duties.
- Must wear the correct protective and safety equipment at all times.
- Repair equipment. Hand and electric tools.
- Company motor vehicles.
Guest Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
This job has expired.