Veolia Group aims to be the benchmark company for ecological transformation. With nearly 220,000 employees worldwide, the Group designs and provides game-changing solutions that are both useful and practical for water, waste and energy management. Through its three complementary business activities, Veolia helps to develop access to resources, preserve available resources and replenish them. In 2021, the Veolia group provided 79 million inhabitants with drinking water and 61 million with sanitation, produced nearly 48 million megawatt hours and recovered 48 million tonnes of waste. Veolia Environnement (Paris Euronext: VIE) achieved consolidated revenue of 28,508 billion euros in 2021. www.veolia.com
Performs maintenance services, installation or repairs in one or more skill areas such as plumbing, mechanical, electrical repairs, pneumatic, hydraulic, installation, carpentry, painting or vehicle servicing.
Primary Duties / Responsibilities
- Performs routine and preventative maintenance, lubrication and minor adjustments on machines and related equipment which may include pumps, engines, centrifuges, generators, valves, gates, mixers, conveyors, blowers, dryers, chemical feed and odor control, disinfection equipment, vacuum filters and belt presses. Promptly reports any operational problems with machines or equipment to Lead or Supervisor.
- Learns to inspect and becomes proficient at mechanical troubleshooting to determine repairs needed. Dismantles equipment to gain access to and repairs defective parts using hand tools, power tools and precision measuring and testing devices. Re-assembles and tests equipment ensuring safe and efficient operating conditions are restored. Learns to troubleshoot hydraulic, pneumatic and electronic equipment and instrumentation.
- Performs facility maintenance and repair and may replace or install light bulbs, fluorescent tubes, damaged glass, windows, doors, partitions, ceiling or floor tiles, door locks, carpet, and/or paint.
- May perform manual labor including cleaning equipment, facilities and grounds as required and properly disposes of waste according to safety and environmental policies. Operates vehicles for plant operational purposes.
- May estimate time and material costs for various projects and assist in other areas of plant as directed.
Education / Experience / Background
- High school or GED with the ability to read, write and comprehend English (operational, process, safety and quality instructions) and be able to carry out verbal and written instructions.
- Six months to two years experience in a related position with ability to comprehend specifications, blueprints and manuals.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations.
- Some vocational training and mechanical aptitude preferred, with the ability to read, interpret and record data from meters, gauges, scales, panels, computer consoles and other equipment.
- Experience using power, pneumatic, hydraulic, and hand tools and shop tools such as drill press, band saw, bench grinder, and torque wrench preferred.
- Experience using material handling equipment, pressure gauges and precision measuring instruments.
- Must have ability to operate Computer Maintenance Management System (software).
- Must consistently demonstrate the ability to learn and independently perform assigned duties and meet or exceed production and quality goals.
- Must demonstrate ability to work in a team environment and willingness to assume additional or new responsibilities readily.
Required Certification / Licenses / Training
- Must possess a valid driver's licence and a safe driving record.
- Employee Orientation, Departmental Operating Procedures, Safety, Confined Space training, OSHA and Quality Training.
- Must become proficient in the care and use of all site specific, facility required PPE (Personal Protection Equipment), including respirators, gas detectors, confined space equipment, etc.)
- Training in operation of mechanical drives, hydraulic pumps and valves, pneumatics, electronics and control systems.
- Obtain Wastewater certification within 1 year of hire date
- MA Hoisting Licence 2B, 3A 1C is a plus
Physical Requirements / Work Environment
- Spends 100% of the time in the operations environment. Typically spends 25 - 35% of time exposed to outdoor and sometimes inclement weather. Company service vehicles are used as required.
- Travels 1 - 2 times per year for company provided training. May serve rotational 24 hour emergency on-call.
- May be exposed to possible operations hazards including fumes, dust, toxic and caustic chemicals, noise, rotating machinery, high pressure and hot and cold temperatures, slippery surfaces, water and electrical hazards.
- Amount of time spent - Standing 25%, Walking 75% for as many as five miles per shift.
- Requires close visual and hearing observation to detect non-conformance and machine malfunction.
- Constantly uses hands to finger, handle or feel and frequently reaches with hands and arms. Works in various positions; works on ladders, catwalks, and supports at heights of 50 feet above the ground; and works with hands extended above and below head and body up to 40 minutes using hand tools weighing up to 15 pounds. Must be able to lift and carry 50 pounds (occasionally 60 pounds) distances of 10 feet.
- Occasional stooping, bending or kneeling and entering confined spaces.
A subsidiary of Veolia group, Veolia North America (VNA) offers a full spectrum of water, waste and energy management services, including water and wastewater treatment, commercial and hazardous waste collection and disposal, energy consulting and resource recovery. VNA helps commercial, industrial, healthcare, higher education and municipality customers throughout North America. Headquartered in Boston, Mass., Veolia North America has more than 10,000 employees working at more than 350 locations across the continent.