· Responsible for assisting in developing maintenance goals and objectives, including monitoring and providing feedback regarding maintenance personnel.
· Perform field investigations and inspections to develop appropriate work order schedules and tasks; obtains all PPE requirements, technical information, plans, drawings, sketches, SOP's, best practices, and written instructions necessary to safely complete the work. The MPS will also define work scope, estimate labor, parts and materials, safety equipment, permits, tools and equipment specific to the task.
· Collect work history and other information to ensure a complete record of the work is in the CMMS system. Will also interpret, prepare, and update a variety of metrics, charts, graphs, etc. to provide local and corporate management with the status of the effectiveness of the CMMS system.
· Develops the preventive and predictive maintenance plans for the site utilizing manufacturer's recommendations, maintenance history, special conditions, and input from plant or contract personnel.
· Reviews completed work orders for comments, variances, and completeness for closing, and follows up as required to make the appropriate corrections.
· Responsible for acquiring and maintaining the MRO inventory, including all required materials, supplies, parts, tools, and equipment; maintains the inventoried and non-inventoried stock levels, prepares purchase orders for approval, maintains high inventory turns with minimal stock-outs, and coordinates the inventory of appropriate corporate critical spares.
· Collaborate with the local facility, other facilities, corporate management, corporate engineering, corporate and local EH&S, and other resources as required to maintain a company wide dialogue resulting in improved maintenance performance.
· Other duties as assigned.
Reporting directly to the Manufacturing Engineering Manager, this role is an integral part of the Maintenance and Reliability Team, demonstrating in-depth experience to plan and schedule maintenance routines and existing functions, projects and operations. Results should lead to improved safety, better quality, and improved response to customer needs, better efficiencies, and lower costs.
· College level or advanced technical training in mechanical or electrical fields.
· Minimum of seven years experience in a maintenance organization role, preferably in paint, food, beverage, household product, cosmetic, or pharmaceutical industries, with at least two years of experience leading the work of others.
· Will have the ability to collaboratively analyze and evaluate maintenance performance within and between facilities throughout the organization.
· Has the knowledge of principles and methods of effective maintenance planning, scheduling and MRO inventory control.
· Will have the ability to plan, organize, inspect and evaluate predictive, preventive and repair needs of electrical and mechanical systems; predict time frames required to complete a full range of maintenance and repair jobs; analyze complex maintenance problems, evaluate alternatives, and recommend effective courses of action; develops and recommends work standards; retrieves and analyzes data from the CMMS system or other corporate databases; prepares clear and concise reports; and plans, organizes, estimates, coordinates, assigns, reviews, and provides feedback on the work of maintenance mechanics and contractors.
· Computer literacy in MS Office, with an emphasis on databases and spreadsheets. Microsoft Project and AutoCAD experience or equivalent is a plus.
· Requires infrequent travel to support projects, meetings, and corporate initiatives.
· Experience with analysis of compliance with relevant local, state, and federal codes, regulations, and permitting.
· Familiarity with Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma is a plus.
* Must be able to wear respiratory protection. This includes being medically cleared and fitted for respiratory protection and adhering to facial hair standards for such equipment.
Environment Factors and exposure throughout shift:
Physical effort and dexterity