Altra Industrial Motion is a leading global designer and manufacturer of quality power transmission and motion control products utilized on a wide variety of industrial drivetrain applications.
Founded in 1857, TB Wood's has grown to become a global leader in the design and manufacturer of industrial couplings and belted drive solutions. TB Wood's foundry operations are capable of producing gray and ductile iron parts up to 10,000 lbs. per cast part. Reliable TB Wood's products are utilized in many key markets including food & beverage, energy, wastewater, concrete, metals, pulp & paper and material handling on applications such as conveyor systems, rolling mills, pumps, compressors, palletizers, de-barkers, printing equipment, fans & blowers, machine tools, and mixers. Learn more information at https://www.altramotion.com/our-brands/tb-woods-incorporated.
The shift hours of this position are 10pm - 6am Sunday -Thursday(night).
Employees assigned to third shift, are also eligible for a $1.75/hour shift premium.
The candidate hired in this position will be eligible for a $2,000 retention bonus, payable after the completion of 90 days of service with the Company.
Responsible for repairing and maintaining equipment and building.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Job Requirements Critical Competencies
- Ability to perform all types of repairs on pneumatic and hydraulic systems, sand systems, casting handling systems, furnace water cooling systems, cranes, hoists and molding machines.
- Ability to weld (stick & mig), braze and use of cutting torch.
- Ability to work in awkward places.
- Repair and maintain, in accordance with diagrams, sketches, parts manuals and manufacturing specifications, using hand tools, power tools and test equipment.
- Troubleshoot and repair equipment as needed, start device to test performance.
- Must have own basic hand tools.
- Perform preventative maintenance on all equipment plant wide.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Adhere to all safety and health standards.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Ability to constantly monitor a variety of controls and equipment
- Must demonstrate knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition and grammar
- Ability to operate power equipment and hand tools
- Understanding of hydraulic &pneumatic schematics and general blueprints
- Basic welding experience preferred
If you are not a state credentialed Journeyman, you must be willing to enter and complete the apprenticeship program.
- High school diploma or GED required
- Must be proficient with a wide variety of standard machine tools and equipment
- Certification in related field from votech or trade school with 2+ years experience in maintenance in a professional setting or will consider equivalent education and experience
Noise - Regular exposure to noise levels at or above 85 decibels during shift. Hearing protection required in designated areas of plant.
Dust - Exposure to dust particles throughout plant. Designated areas required to wear respiratory protection as defined by OSHA standards. Medical clearance required from licensed Physician before use of device.
Heights - Work orders may involve heights up to 60 feet wearing proper fall protection.
Heat - Some exposure to heat in melt operational areas. PPE required in these areas, as defined by OSHA standards.
Weather Elements - May be exposed to weather elements, primarily temperature changes, during shift.
Hazardous Condition - Regular exposure to hazardous conditions.
Work Area - Assignments within all areas within the plant.
Confided spaces - May be required to enter confined spaces following the confined space protocol.
Lifting Requirements - Must be able to lift up to 50lbs. on a regular basis.
Walking - Must be able to endure regular walking through out shift.
Bending, Kneeling and Squatting - Must be able to bend, kneel and/or squat during course of shift.
Sitting and Standing - Must be able to stand and/or sit, potentially for long periods of time, depending on assigned duty.
Arm-Hand Steadiness -Must be able to keep hand and arm steady while moving arm or while holding arm and hand in one position.
Finger Dexterity - Must be able to make precisely coordinated movements of the fingers of one or both hands to grasp, manipulate, or assemble very small objects.
Manual Dexterity - Must be able to quickly move hand, hand together with arm, or two hands to grasp and/or manipulate objects.
Control Precision - Must be able to quickly and repeatedly adjust the controls of a machine or a vehicle to exact positions.
Near Vision - Must be able to see details at close range (within a few feet of the observer).
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EEO Statement: The company in which you have expressed employment interest is a subsidiary or affiliate of Altra Industrial Motion Corp. The subsidiary or affiliate is referred to as an ""Altra Company."" Altra Industrial Motion Corp. and all Altra Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or other characteristics protected by law. The ""EEO is the Law"" poster is available at: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf. If you have a disability and need assistance accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request assistance by sending an email to email@example.com.
This job has expired.