4000 - Laurel Auction - 8800 Freestate Dr, Laurel, Maryland, 20723
CarMax, the way your career should be!
About this job
The Logistics Associate is responsible for zone maintenance, vehicle receiving, inventory scanning, reconciliation, vehicle dispatch, asset protection, and providing exceptional service to internal and external customers at our shipping and receiving facility.
What you will do - Essential Responsibilities
Qualifications and Requirements
- Ensure daily maintenance and security of inventory and shipping and receiving facility
- Maintain and document the transfer of incoming and outgoing inventory that is processed through the shipping and receiving facility
- Checks in & receives vehicles that are shipped to the shipping and receiving facility
- Organize out-going transfers to reduce driver dwell time at the shipping and receiving facility
- Assist with training new associates
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment and optimize space utilization
- Complete daily scanning and reconciliation of the vehicle inventory
- Monitors transportation of incoming inventory from all locations & provide prioritized dispatch plan to drivers
- Coordinates shipping & receiving appointments at store locations through carriers & store teams
- Provides outstanding customer service to internal and external customers at all times
- Drive vehicles to and from various locations as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- Ability to work without direct supervision
- Ability to read, interpret, and transcribe data in order to maintain accurate records
- Successfully work with associates of other departments within the geographic location
- Ability to multitask in a high energy, fast paced working environment
- Strong inventory management capabilities
- Willingness to acquire knowledge of wholesale and Inventory operating procedures
- Complete CarMax provided training
- High School degree or equivalent work experience, preferred
CarMax disrupted the auto industry by delivering the honest, transparent and high-integrity experience customers want and deserve. This innovative thinking around the way cars are bought and sold has helped us become the nation's largest retailer of used cars, with over 200 locations nationwide.
Our amazing team of more than 25,000 associates work together to deliver iconic customer experiences. Along the way, we help every associate grow their career and achieve their best, at work and in their community. We are recognized for our commitment to training and diversity and are one of the FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For®.
CarMax is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Upon an applicant's request, CarMax will consider reasonable accommodation to complete the CarMax Job Application.