Job DescriptionAre you ready to grow your dream career while making others' vacation dreams come true? Marriott Vacations Worldwide is a world premier organization for Vacation Ownership with resorts at destinations around the globe. Join our team and help deliver unforgettable experiences that make vacation dreams come true.
Pursue collections and keep accounts current by contacting customers via telephone or email. Determine customer's ability to pay and offer appropriate payment options. Enter details of conversation and agreements into computer system. Act as primary contact for collection issues. Analyze information using computers with business processing software. Review and correct any payments posted in accounting systems. Make collection escalation recommendations to appropriate individuals when more severe efforts are needed.
Follow all company safety and security policies and procedures; report accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to manager. Follow all company policies and procedures; maintain confidentiality of proprietary information; protect company assets. Anticipate and address owners' service needs. Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others; support team to reach common goals; listen and respond appropriately to the concerns of other employees. Ensure adherence to quality expectations and standards; identify, recommend, develop, and implement new ways to increase organizational efficiency, productivity, quality, safety, and/or cost-savings. Enter and locate work-related information using computers. Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 10 pounds without assistance. Perform other reasonable job duties as requested.
- Evaluate account information presented by automated calling system.
- Communicate with customers regarding delinquent account status.
- Determine customer's ability to pay and offer appropriate payment options.
- Enter details of conversation and agreements into computer system.
- Review and comprehend delinquency status reports.
- Review and identify payment posting errors in financial systems and file for corrective action.
- Make collection escalation recommendations to appropriate individuals when more severe efforts are needed. General Finance and Accounting
- Submit requests on behalf of customers for reports, statements, and forms to internal processing groups.
- Analyze information using computers with business processing software.
- Keep team leads/managers/directors abreast of trends and issues or status of work. Computers/Software
- Use computer systems and software packages to input, access, modify, store, or output information Enter and retrieve data from computer systems using a keyboard, mouse or trackball.
- Prepare letters, memos, and other documents using word processing, spreadsheet, database, or presentation software.
- Monitor and respond to inbound customer, client, and property communications via email, voice mail, etc. in a timely manner
- Speak to customers and co-workers using clear, appropriate and professional language.
- Prepare and review written documents (e.g., daily logs, business letters, memoranda, reports), including proofreading and editing written information to maintain accuracy and completeness.
- Talk with and listen to other employees to effectively exchange information. Working with Others
- Support all co-workers and treat them with dignity and respect.
- Handle sensitive issues with employees and/or guests with tact, respect, diplomacy, and confidentiality.
- Partner with and assist others to promote an environment of teamwork and achieve common goals.
Policies and Procedures
- Enter and locate work-related information using computers.
- Read and visually verify information in a variety of formats (e.g., small print).
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 10 pounds without assistance.
CRITICAL COMPETENCIES Analytical Skills
- Maintain confidentiality of proprietary materials and information.
- Protect the privacy and security of customers and coworkers.
- Follow company and department policies and procedures. Perform other reasonable job duties as requested.
- Computer Skills
- Arithmetic Computation
- Interpersonal Skills
- Team Work
- Diversity Relations
Personal Attributes Organization
- English Language Proficiency
- Form, Report, and Log Completion
General Finance and Accounting PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS Education
- Detail Organization
- Time Management
High school diploma/G.E.D. equivalentRelated Work Experience
At least 1 year related work experienceSupervisory Experience
No supervisory experience is required
Marriott Vacations Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture
This job has expired.