Basic Job Functions:
Safety is the most important part of all jobs within Nucor; therefore, candidates must be able to demonstrate the ability to initiate, lead, and uphold safety policies, practices, procedures, and housekeeping standards at all times.
- Operate mobile heavy equipment of various sizes and types (primarily wheel loader)
- Properly follow company and OSHA safety procedures
- Communicates over radio with team members for traffic coordination, production, and safety procedures
- Perform daily inspections on equipment and report any defects or needed repairs to supervisor
- Clean equipment as needed Other duties as assigned
- 2-3 years experience using a front end loader in an industrial/outdoor work environment.
- Knowledge of heavy-equipment operating principles
- Ability to operate equipment under varying working conditions
- Ability to effectively communicate in English Ability to understand and carry out written and oral instructions
- Ability to meet attendance schedule with dependability and consistency
- Working knowledge of hazards and safety precautions common to heavy equipment operations
- Ability to communicate effectively with others and coordinate work activities as a team
Nucor is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - M/F/Disabled/Vets - and a drug - free workplace
This job has expired.
- Mechanical background a plus