VOLUNTEERS OF AMERICA - Texas
Are you looking for a job that makes a difference? Do you have a passion for helping others? We may be the right organization for you: VOLUNTEERS OF AMERICA TEXAS.
For over 100 years VOA Texas, a faith-based and non-profit organization, has operated with a mission of "Helping America's Most Vulnerable Reach Their Full Potential" through various programs throughout Texas. Programs are locally created, managed and delivered to provide a wide array of human services through PAID positions. Come and be a part of the passion, the mission and the tradition!
Position: Licensed Practical Nurse (Part-time)
Location: Avenue J - Fort Worth, TX
HERE'S WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING:
The Nurse provides program support and direct care to clients for minor illnesses and injuries and makes referrals to other medical professionals and facilities as appropriate. This can include administering medication, giving shots, updating patient records, providing emotional support, patient education, basic diagnostics, and other patient procedures.
- Provides nursing care to residents in a range of health, welfare.
- The Nurse will be responsible for initial input of all Medication in Secure Manage.
- The Nurse will complete a nursing assessment upon admission of all residents.
- Attends meetings with the clients and guardians to discuss the client's health, mental and otherwise, and contacts the doctor with concerns.
- Nurse will communicate to Director and/or Counselor about any medical services that need to be done.
- Participates in the initial admission evaluation and treatment plan designed for each client admitted to the program.
- Performs periodic medication administration review.
- Participates as a member of the Interdisciplinary Team providing general health counseling, review of medical procedures, medication and medical options with client.
- Provides appropriate in-service training to direct support staff in basic health care and hygiene skills.
- Assist clients with coordination of medical appointments if needed.
- Conducts in-service training for direct care staff as outlined by DSHS.
- The Nurse should have a working knowledge of community resources and a plan for assessing those resources.
- Must be available, on-call as scheduled for nursing consultation and/or treatment of minor illness or injuries and render nursing assistant in medical emergencies.
Make a living by making a difference. Apply online today! AA/EEO/M/F/D/V #CB
- Graduation from an accredited school of nursing and registration and license for LPN or RN to practice nursing in the state of Texas and one year of experience during the last 36 months.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must have the following certificates, licenses, or registrations: Current registration and license to practice nursing in state of Texas (LVN or RN License).
- Valid Texas driver's license, clear MVR, and ability to be insured.
Get job alerts by email. Sign up now!
Join Our Talent Network! Job SnapshotEmployee Type
Fort Worth, TX Job Type
Health Care, Nurse Experience
1 years Date Posted
05/06/2022 Job ID
This job has expired.