At Interface, it's the human equation that drives us.
Interface Security Systems is a leading managed services provider delivering managed network, asset protection, and business intelligence solutions to distributed enterprises. We streamline operations, improve security, reduce IT costs, and enhance the customer experience, maximizing ROI for the nation's most successful brands.
At Interface, we are passionate about connecting and protecting what matters most to businesses ... their people, their assets, and their brand. We thrive on empowering distributed enterprises with solutions that help simplify complex challenges. We deliver nothing less than complete customer satisfaction through innovative and adaptive technology, customized services, and relentless customer support. What enables us to be truly exceptional are our people and a culture where teamwork, respect, and an innovative spirit thrive.
So, come and join our winning team and maximize your potential and achieve your professional development goals.
The Test & Turn Up (TTU) Tier 2 Representative position exists within Interface Security System's Managed Network Operations Center, which is focused on providing enterprise-scale network customers with a world-class installation experience. Interface Security Systems provides this portfolio of customers with a diverse bundle of managed communications, networking, and security solutions. Those managed solutions include Internet, Phones, VPNs, Wi-Fi, integrated backup, LAN switching, security alarm monitoring, and video services. This role engages with those customers and technologies directly.
The TTU Representatives role was purposefully designed to meet these customers' unique business and technology support needs for the enterprise-managed network services bundle Interface provides. This primary responsibility of the Test & Turn Up (TTU) Tier 2 Representative is to play a key role in enabling a seamless installation process and customer-driven support experience for the complex networks being installed.
Tier 2 is responsible for the service delivery of Interface Systems Secured Managed Broadband voice/data service working with and supporting Tier1 Representatives to perform Test and Turn-up events and support through a defined warranty timeframe. The Test and Turn-up (TTU) Representative directive is focused on a quality customer service experience and timely project delivery. Specifically, an ISS TTU Tier 2 Representative is responsible for working with Level 2 Representatives to determine the quality of the physical circuit being delivered by the Broadband Carrier. Tier 2 Representatives will work to make sure the circuit will support the product for which it was ordered.
In addition, the TTU Representative will work closely with Field Engineers, ISS Engineering and must have an understanding of IPNet / VoIP services and the understanding of how VoIP, ATA, Fortinet Routers, Fortinet Switch's, Fortinet WAP's, all other Fortinet products, Cisco Routers, WAP's, and other equipment perform. The Tier2 TTU Representative will have a good understanding of outside plant circuit design and testing. Additionally, the Tier2 TTU Representative will have a working understanding of switching, LAN topology, PSTN, and TCP/IP inter-networking. They will work closely with Level 2 Representatives to make sure all systems work as sold and the SOW was complete
Job Requirements ESSENTIAL Experience / Background:
- Documentation accuracy in ISS systems
- Assure Installation Guides are followed 100%
- Provide feedback to Engineering and Sales
- Assist Field Engineers so they can complete tasks quickly
- Specific understanding of customer service communication tools such as professional phone conduct conducive to telecommunications environment, working knowledge of common software communication tools such as email, Microsoft Office products, and Internet browsers.
- Experience in dealing with RBOCs in the acceptance and repair of DSL and T1 loops including opening ILEC trouble tickets and escalating those tickets through to completion.
- Knowledge of T1, Cable, 4G, and DSL testing of circuitry including continuity, background interference, electronic loopback, shorts, grounds, crosses, splits, and bit error rate testing.
- Confidence in working in a multi-tasking environment, with minimal supervision.
- Good analytical and problem-solving ability. Able to handle stressful situations and take accountability.
- Strong ability to learn internal data management systems and comply with all project management requirements.
Education and Experience:
- Proven experience in a network testing environment.
- Good understanding of Broadband Carrier circuit quality requirements including trouble ticketing and escalation procedures.
- Common practices of Broadband Carrier related circuit acceptance process, cooperative testing with Broadband Carrier field services, customer-vendor testing, and all associated Test and Turn-up practices.
- Good understanding of local area network (LAN) topology using fundamental customers premise models such as home/office, corporate office, and small business office Ethernet applications. This includes a working knowledge of common end-user operating systems, internal/external DMARC identification, 66/110 blocks, and PBX. In addition, an understanding of TCP/IP inter-networking fundamentals is necessary. These include network address translation, IP protocols, host/port mapping, subnets, gateways, and a logical understanding of customer premise equipment (CPE) such as hubs, routers, switches, and PBX.
- Demonstrated ability in coordinating real-time voice conversions between the carrier and customer, local and long-distance number porting ISS VoIP Partner. This also includes principal knowledge of ILEC organizational structure and their generally accepted escalation methods and procedures.
NECESSARY SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Two (2) years of experience in telecommunications, information technology, data/voice field services, cabling LAN/WAN integration, technical support, PBX/Key System support, VoIP, or other relevant experience.
- Any equivalent combination of education and experience.
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to clearly communicate with Field Engineers, Internal and External support teams, and broadband carriers.
- Ability to be patient while assisting and educating Field Engineers in live troubleshooting situations.
- Company provided computer, including Microsoft Office products, database and spreadsheet programs; calculator, telephone, copy and fax machine.
Interface Security Systems offers a competitive compensation package based on education and experience plus excellent benefits that include medical, dental, vision, 401(k), paid time off, the opportunity for growth, and much more. Please submit a resume, cover letter, and compensation requirements.
Interface Security Systems will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin. The contractor will take affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed and that employees are treated during employment, without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, status as a protected veteran, or individual with a disability. Such action shall include, but not be limited to the following: Employment, upgrading, demotion, or transfer, recruitment or recruitment advertising; layoff or termination; for rates of pay or other forms of compensation; and selection for training, including apprenticeship.
Interface Security Systems will, in all solicitations or advertisements for employees placed by or on behalf of the Interface Security Systems, state that all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, status as a protected veteran, or individual with a disability.
This job has expired.