At Saputo, our best comes from our people. We're a talented and caring team with a longstanding history of excellence.Since our first days delivering cheese on a bicycle, we've grown into a leading global dairy processor by staying true to the culture that defines us. Each of our employees is committed to uphold our tradition of care, quality, and passion through food, and together, we foster an environment where we can all make contributions that matter-from our manufacturing plants to our office locations and everywhere in-between.
Everything begins with passion, a legacy from the Saputo family, which offered tasty and quality cheeses to its community. Today, after more than 65 years, the company employs thousands of dedicated employees, proud of their role, who work day after day to deliver quality products to customers and consumers.
The role of the Leave of Absence Case Manager will oversee the diligence of leave of absence processes to facilitate case resolution and drive leave compliance. This position will manage a team.
How You'll Make Contributions That Matter
You Are Best Suited For The Role If You Have The Following Experience, Skills, and Qualifications
- Gather pertinent data at the outset of case, from Human Resources or other supporting sources.
- Pro-actively communicate with employees as-needed, ensuring a high-quality customer experience. Follow-up on missing documentation. Instruct employee when they need to contact vendor for additional information. Notify employees when milestone has occurred for topics that vendor does not communicate.
- Support Family & Medical Leave Act standalone (as well as other leave) claims and adhere to federal and state regulatory and/or company plan requirements and established FMLA workflow procedures.
- Create required documents that third party vendors do not complete. Ensure compliance and proper documentation in regard to all applicable laws, regulations, and plans.
- Serve as local point of contact for employee leaves of absence when employee needs assistance working with third party vendors.
- Participate in periodic claims reviews with vendor, HR & Benefits representatives to provide and receive noteworthy updates on employee cases.
- Monitor and question validity of absence trends. Manage the tracking of time out due to an illness/injury or other approved leave of absence claim.
- Contact third party administrator when updates are needed or missing from system portal. When applicable, research to gain necessary information related to the case management process.
- Provide vendor updates when employee work schedule has changed or light duty could be available.
- Provide updates/ask questions/receive relevant information related to case to/from HR or Benefits Advisor.
- Perform leave follow-ups as required, including vendor contact to get updates on recertification of health condition, intermittent claim tracking, return to work confirmation, etc.,
We support and care for our employees by providing them with...
- Minimum 3 years of leave management experience required, to include specializing in all leave protected and unprotected leave types.
- Experience working with 3rd party partners and/or government agencies.
- Proven experience managing multiple workers compensation and leave of absence claims, required.
- Excellent communication skills, in all formats.
- Knowledge of state workers compensation regulations, necessary.
- Project management proficiency, a must.
- Attention to detail required.
- Ability to handle and keep confidential employee work-related medical information.
- Advanced knowledge of Family Medical Leave Act 1993, Americans with Disabilities Act 1990, and state leave of absence regulations.
- Advanced knowledge of workers compensation leave administration.
- Ability to explain complex concepts in layman's terms to employees.
- Extensive knowledge of accepted industry standards and practices.
- Computer experience with related claims and business software.
- The ability to navigate and have difficult conversations as it relates to someone's medical condition and benefit eligibility.
- Bilingual, Spanish a plus.
- Competitive wages with incentive potential.
- Full range of group benefits and time-off.
- Group retirement plan with employer contribution and ESOP.
- Continuous development with growth opportunities.
- Saputo fully supports employment equity. We strive to embed diversity and inclusion in its operations and invites candidates from all horizons to join its family.
Salary Range: $81,255 to $106,650
Salary offers will vary commensurate with experience, education, skills and training.
Saputo is among the top three cheese producers in the USA and one of the largest producers of extended shelf-life and cultured dairy products. We have a diversified product portfolio with well-known retail brands, such as Friendship Dairies, Frigo Cheese, Montchevre, Stella and Treasure Cave, and a strong foodservice presence, partnering with chain restaurants and broadline distributors. Thanks to our countrywide footprint and national and international distribution networks, we're proud to bring our best to our customers and, consumers and have plenty of opportunities for our employees to grow in their own way. And we do it while also striving to build a healthier future for our people and the communities where we operate, guided by our values and the Saputo Promise. To learn more about Saputo in the USA, please click here. (http://saputo.com/en/our-products/usa-sector)
Join the Saputo Dairy USA team to make your contributions matter every day!
Saputo Cheese USA Inc. and Saputo Dairy Foods USA, LLC endeavors to make CareersUSA.Saputo.com accessible to all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact Human Resources at 214-863-2300 or email email@example.com. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
Saputo Cheese USA Inc. and Saputo Dairy Foods USA, LLC are equal opportunity employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you'd like more information on your EEO rights under law, please visit www.EEOC.gov.
To review the Saputo Cheese USA Inc. and Saputo Dairy Foods USA LLC Privacy Notice for California applicants, please visit our Corporate website associated section by clicking here (English) or here (Spanish).