Lean Manager - Spartan Mowers
Who Are We?
The Intimidator Group, LLC was founded in Batesville, Arkansas in 2013 with the all-American, hardworking values they were raised with. Since then, the company has grown into several brands including Intimidator UTVs, Spartan Mowers, Bad Dawg Accessories, and eNVy Neighborhood Vehicles. Now part of The Toro Company family of brands - we are excited to be part of a growing, innovative organization and invite you to join our team!
This position provides the opportunity to implement and evolve Toro's Lean Enterprise system across this key manufacturing site, while partnering with all levels within the site to achieve benchmark performance. Individuals in this role will interact with multiple levels of the organization, from site leadership to line level operators, to Corporate functional leaders and other Lean professionals across Toro to achieve a true Lean Enterprise.
The Lean Manager is responsible to lead and influence the development and implementation of consistent Lean business practices across the site to drive increased growth, operational excellence and empowered employees. This position reports to the Operations Director and partners with the site leadership team to lead the implementation of Toro's Lean Enterprise system and helps ensure the site implements the best-known processes and systems to remain competitive in quality, productivity, customer service and employee/customer relations. Additional responsibilities include leading and/or participating in the development, execution, and maintenance of the transformation plans, delivering coaching and training on Lean principles, concepts and tools, leading kaizen events, knowledge sharing, and mentoring future Lean practitioners.
Job Duties & Responsibilities*:
- Promote and guide transformation teams in the implementation of the Toro Lean Enterprise system, which includes Strategy Deployment and the use of various process improvement tools including, but not limited to: Value Stream Mapping, Kaizen, 5S, Standard Work, Cell Design, Continuous Flow, Material Flow, Visual Management, Change over, TPM, Root Cause Analysis
- Partner with Operations Leader to develop transformation strategies and coordinate annual transformation plans
- Collaborate with site leadership team to develop long range strategic plans and annual plans in support of continuous improvement to drive improvements in key metrics such as safety, quality, delivery, cost, cash, employee engagement, and growth, identifying indicators for future improvement opportunities
- Establish and evolve operating principles, communication, knowledge sharing and reporting strategies to provide visibility into continuous improvement/Lean efforts
- Lead Lean Enterprise system maturity self-assessment process and coordinate gap closure planning and collaborate with Corporate and external Lean practitioners to achieve planned Lean Enterprise maturity levels
- Provide training, coaching and mentoring of Lean principles, concepts, behaviors and tools which enhance the existing culture to one of continuous improvement at all levels of the organization
- Facilitate kaizen teams/events, track progress, and follow up to ensure gains are sustained and coach others within the site to become Lean practitioners and team facilitators
- Provide project management and project leadership support for prioritized, complex, cross functional continuous improvement initiatives
- Communicate to site leadership team on overall Lean Enterprise initiatives, continuous improvement projects, kaizen status and assessment of customer needs on a regular basis
- Actively participate as a member of the Corporate Lean Enterprise Team to evolve the Lean Enterprise system, share best practices, report progress and provide support to other Lean Managers as necessary
- Stay current with technologies and Lean concepts through continuing education and benchmarking
- Other tasks as assigned
Other Job-Related Components:
- Bachelor's degree (BA, BS) in Engineering, Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Business or similar field, with a Master's Degree preferred
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in Lean Manufacturing, Operations and Project Management required
- Lean practitioner and/or Six Sigma certification required
- Proven history of experience grounded in Lean principles, tools, and systems such as Value Stream Mapping, Cell Design, Material Flow, Visual Management, Standard Work, 5S, TPM, Change Over, Mistake Proofing, Root Cause Analysis
- Demonstrated experiences with transforming multiple business processes, with the ability to promote and sustain continuous improvement efforts/projects and culture through engaging, influencing, inspiring, and motivating others
- Practical experience in project/ program management and lean implementation. Strong management, communication, and leadership skills. Should be motivated with a positive attitude, with ability to work in a group/team setting
- Progressive work history in manufacturing environment demonstrating growth in position and/or responsibility
- Strong analytical skills with the demonstrated ability to analyze multifaceted, complex situations, problems, and concepts
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to effectively interact with individuals from a wide range of backgrounds
- Highly self-motivated and directed, able to work well under pressure, manage and prioritize multiple initiatives concurrently, attend to details, and meet deadlines
- Strong organizational skills, including the ability to be flexible, adaptable, and change priorities and direction as needed, allowing for optimum effectiveness
- Aptitude and desire to gain understanding of situations, processes, and procedures in an effort to improve them
- Previous functional management experience preferred
- Previous experience working within defined Lean system preferred
- Previous experience deploying Lean concepts at multiple sites, functions and/or businesses preferred
- Previous experience with weld, paint, assembly, injection molding or extrusion processes preferred
- Supply Chain and/or Engineering experience preferred
- Ability to travel up to 10%
- Potential for directly managing employees and/or overseeing individuals or teams on a matrix/project basics
- Ability to walk and stand throughout working hours, up to 10 hours
- Manufacturing setting with moving equipment and varying lighting, temperature and noise levels
- Typical office environment as it pertains to lighting, temperature, and noise level when in administrative/operations offices.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, genetic information (including family medical history), political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.