If you have a passion for projects, continuous learning and improvement, and experience in leading highly effective teams in a company that follows the science, and brings life changing medicines to patients. If so theLead Project Manager- Transformation and Program Management role and AstraZeneca is a great fit for you!
AstraZeneca is at an exciting time of new products and launches. We get to work with innovative and scientific products on our leading-edge end-to-end supply chain, using the latest technologies and modern facilities.
In Operations, we have a big ambition - to deliver more medicines to patients, quicker and more affordably. Backed by the investment, leadership, and a clear plan to get there, we bring personal dedication and out-of-the-box thinking. Join the team where everyone feels a personal connection to the people that we impact. From our science labs to manufacturing at scale, we are committed to delivering at the highest quality. It's inspiring and rewarding work, influencing every part of the product lifecycle to deliver life-changing medicines. To ultimately make people's lives better - from patients and their families to all of us in society.
The Transformation and Program Management office supports the Global Operations strategy delivery through leading-edge project, program and portfolio planning, execution, delivery and benefit realization across multiple functions, sites and regions, using robust methodology, tools and expertise.
The Lead Project Manager has responsibility shaping program solutions and acts as a liaison between the program and business stakeholders to ensure that business requirements and value are effectively translated into solutions and benefits that are understood. The role will support the development and management of functional Program/change networks and manage/lead strategic change programs.
The role ensures that project teams lead projects on-time, on-budget and in adherence with quality and compliance standards.
What you'll do:
- Creates and executes project work plans and revises as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements to ensure deliverables are met effectively and efficiently.
- Mobilizes project resources for program as appropriate. Identifies resources needed and assigns individual responsibilities.
- Manages large and complex projects, including x-functional networks - specific for Portfolio, Project & change management.
- Manages relationships with key business stakeholders and ensures that business requirements are effectively captured and the impact of project/program are understood by the business.
- Builds and leads project teams, communicating roles and responsibilities whilst encouraging teamwork and collaboration amongst the team and business stakeholders.
- Applies highly developed specialist knowledge and skills in project management, project planning, budgets and methodologies.
- Reviews deliverables prepared by team and provides sign-off prior to engaging business stakeholders.
- Resolves complex quality and compliance risks and issues and ensure team adopts quality assurance policies and procedures.
- Drives collaboration and knowledge sharing amongst project teams. Undertakes engagement reviews and quality assurance procedures.
- Develops project planning and action logs, risks and issues reports. Identifies and drives resolution of risks.
- Manages project budget and ensures escalation of cost changes.
- Develop transition plans into business areas and ensure controlled hand-overs to users and business as usual processes.
- Bachelor's Degree.
- Project Management Certified or equivalent.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in program/project management with evidence of shaping and developing innovative solutions that have a major impact within the business area and organization.
- Demonstrated track record of success in delivering strategic, complex, cross-functional and multi-site projects on-time, on-budget and to committed deliverables to generate significant business value.
- Demonstrated strong team management skills with the ability to successfully mentor, coach and development people capabilities.
- Strong interpersonal, collaboration and communications skills through all levels of the organization with ambiguity and fast pace.
- Experience of working in a global organization with complex/geographical context.
- Broad Operations experience across multiple disciplines, and/or cross SET areas.
- Demonstrated strong change management capabilities.
- Experience in Strategy development and organization deployment
- Business Analytics and insights capabilities.
At AstraZeneca when we see an opportunity for change, we seize it and make it happen, because any opportunity no matter how small, can be the start of something big. Delivering life-changing medicines is about being entrepreneurial -finding those moments and recognizing their potential. Join us on our journey of building a new kind of organization to reset expectations of what a bio-pharmaceutical company can be. This means we're opening new ways to work, groundbreaking cutting edge methods and bringing unexpected teams together. Interested? Come and join our journey.So, what's next!
Are you ready to bring new ideas and fresh thinking to the table? Wonderful! We have one seat available and we hope it's yours.Next Steps - Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience - it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.
AstraZeneca requires all US employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 but will consider requests for reasonable accommodations as required by applicable law.