Lead Learning & Development Specialist
Torrent Technologies is a subsidiary of Marsh, the world's leading insurance broker and risk adviser. Its main product is an integrated suite of business software platforms along with customer-focused service and support solutions that have revolutionized the flood insurance landscape. We're consistently recognized for our deep flood insurance expertise and advanced technology capabilities. We provide market leading service and administration to Write Your Own (WYO) insurance companies and agents including direct access to both the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP) and private insurance products.
What you will be doing?
Design, implement, and monitor human capital programs and policies including learning and development curriculums and talent management. You will anticipate and plan for long-term people-related needs and trends. Additionally, you will ensure current employees have the necessary skills for future requirements and will actively maintain learning and development information systems.
What can you expect?
We will count on you to:
- Develop and maintain core curriculums for each functional practice.
- Oversee continuous research and analysis of current learning and training techniques and platforms to develop strategies to develop solutions to complex learning and development problems and concerns.
- Advise on training programs and curricula and gains buy-in and support from the functional leadership team. Serves as escalation point within training organization and for the business on critical issues and complex problems.
- Set and maintain a training schedule for organization, delegating work to lower level professionals to ensure that training needs of the organization are met.
- Coordinate workflows across the business and HR to accelerate new hire onboarding and training.
- Work closely with internal clients and external vendors to facilitate training scoping, development, customization and delivery
- Improve existing processes as well as document changes that are implemented.
- Manage training vendor relationships.
- Partner with experts and uses resources and tools created by COEs and external vendors to provide learning advice, peer review and enable resources for the business on a regular basis.
- Direct and conduct complex diagnostic data analyses and present on findings, implications and potential solutions as they pertain to opportunities for the L&D function and additional COEs to senior leadership.
- Attend and participate in industry conferences and organizations and serve as a thought leader for Learning & Development
- Represent the business as a leader in the field and gains insight as to current best practices and vendors/outsourcing opportunities.
What you need to have:
- Be a recognized subject matter expert.
- Manage scheduling, large projects or processes.
- Coach, review and delegate work to lower level professionals.
- Influence others within and outside of the job function regarding policies, practices and procedures.
- Manage vendor relationships.
- A minimum of 7 years of Learning & Development experience
- A Bachelor's degree
Marsh is the world's leading insurance broker and risk adviser. With over 35,000 colleagues operating in more than 130 countries, Marsh serves commercial and individual clients with data driven risk solutions and advisory services. Marsh is a business of Marsh McLennan (NYSE: MMC), the leading global professional services firm in the areas of risk, strategy and people. With annual revenue approaching US $17 billion and 76,000 colleagues worldwide, MMC helps clients navigate an increasingly dynamic and complex environment through four market-leading businesses: Marsh, Guy Carpenter, Mercer, and Oliver Wyman. Follow Marsh on Twitter @MarshGlobal; LinkedIn; Facebook; and YouTube, or subscribe to BRINK.
Marsh McLennan and its Affiliates are EOEMinority/Female/Disability/Vet/SexualOrientation/Gender Identity employers.
This job has expired.