Lead Applications Engineer
What you can expect to do:
We will count on you to:
- Design, code, test and debug new and existing digital applications
- Serve as technical expert on the team, implement complex projects with less specificity and direction
- Provide architecture, define / refine project scope and track progress
- Consider and recommend future enhancements to applications
- Serve as project team leader on complex, larger scope projects
- Escalate problems as appropriate
- Provide mentorship and guidance to junior developers to help them grow in their careers
- Build product capabilities for enterprise Applications, with an API first approach, have experience and exposure to the entire development lifecycle from idea to design, requirements to implementation, testing through deployment
What you need to have:
- Envision and develop a library of reusable digital components to help drive down time of market while building and or continually enhancing customer experiences across channels
- Drive major changes in technology development using cloud native architecture patterns in a distributed environment
- Drive culture change in technology to become a truly Agile team which is self-organizing, DevOps and believes in everything automated
- Collaborate with Marsh Digital Labs, Platform, and Development teams on new / existing product development opportunities
- Continuously learn about new technologies and help keep the entire group abreast of industry developments and evolving best practices
- Promote good engineering practices and standards in the organization
What makes you stand out:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related
- 5+ years of full stack engineering experience with a proven track record of successfully delivering global and highly scalable customer-facing digital products and capabilities
- Hands on programming experience on front end JS frameworks like React or Angular
- Backend development experience or familiarity, using Java, Spring Boot, Cache, SQL and NoSQL databases
- Experience with REST API design and implementation
- Experience building distributed systems at scale based on microservices architecture
- Experience in API Management systems like Apigee, AWS API Gateway etc.
- Experience with container technologies - Docker/Kubernetes
- Experience in leveraging continuous integration and robust build/test automation, with a preference for cross platform stacks and containerization (Jira, Git, Jenkins)
- Strong analytical skills to be able to manage complex problems using a number of techniques
- Experience in complex software product delivery in an Agile environment
- Exposure to public cloud technology stack in AWS
- Have a passion for new technologies and trends in Open Source, UI, AI etc.
What is in it for you?
- A strong bias toward action and learning, and obsessing over knowing your customers better to remove friction from their experiences
- Thriving in change, and having a passion to harness the energy of a fast-paced environment to create transformational customer and business value
- Empathy toward your customers and partners, and the ability to ground product-related assumptions in human-centered design
- Being a great team player!
- Opportunity to conceptualize, design, and deliver best-in-class digital insurance acquisition and servicing experiences for customers across a breadth of industries
- Engage with our clients, insurance carriers, and industry-leading 3rd party tech partners to co-innovate and design thoughtful solutions that drive value for our clients and end-users
- Be at the forefront of the insurance industry's transformation powered by advanced digital, data, and analytics assets
- Competitive pay, continuing education reimbursement, generous benefits, and 401k matching and contribution plan
- Competitive time off along with one volunteer day per year
Marsh & McLennan(NYSE: MMC) is the world's leading professional services firm in the areas of risk, strategy and people. The Company's 76,000 colleagues advise clients in over 130 countries. With annualized revenue approaching$17 billion,Marsh & McLennanhelps clients navigate an increasingly dynamic and complex environment through four market-leading businesses.Marshadvises individual and commercial clients of all sizes on insurance broking and innovative risk management solutions.Guy Carpenterdevelops advanced risk, reinsurance and capital strategies that help clients grow profitably and pursue emerging opportunities.Mercerdelivers advice and technology-driven solutions that help organizations meet the health, wealth and career needs of a changing workforce.Oliver Wymanserves as a critical strategic, economic and brand advisor to private sector and governmental clients. For more information, visitmmc.com, follow us onLinkedInand Twitter@mmc_globalor subscribe toBRINK.
Marsh McLennan and its Affiliates are EOEMinority/Female/Disability/Vet/SexualOrientation/Gender Identity employers
This job has expired.