Layout Coordinator (Experienced Professional)
Michelin, the Worldwide leader in Tires, is hiring!
- - - - - - - - - - - -
THIS OPEN POSITION IS LOCATED ONLY AT THE FOLLOWING
LOCATIONS: US0 Greenville Facility
THE "ADDITIONAL LOCATIONS" SHOWN AT THE RIGHT
INDICATE WHERE THIS JOB POSTING IS VISIBLE, NOT WHERE THE POSITION IS LOCATED
For New Factory or Existing Factory capital investments, support the equipment and building layout and the product flow for the site, shop or machine level projects.
For current sites, support the optimization and vision workshops (Value Stream Mapping).
KEY EXPECTED ACHIEVEMENTS
- Co-define the plans of the target factories with the architect and the flow designer.
- Co-define the layout roadmap / management plan with the Manufacturing Operation and Plant.
- Carry out preliminary validation plans in the field of layout.
- Pilot / Conduct validation studies in the field of layout.
- Develop new tools and skills to improve the efficiency of studies layout.
- Coach network layout designers located in Site Engineering teams.
- Co-define with the architect and the layout designer the physical flows in the plant.
- Perform flow diagnoses and propose improvements.
- Capitalize on good practices, develop new tools and skills to improve the efficiency of flow designers.
- Support the sites transformations VSM (Value Stream Mapping) 3- year workshops (Polar Star, Master Plan Factory).
- Support the Optimization of Stock and Flow platforms (AGV's, ASRS, etc.)
- Industrial Engineer with 3-5 years of experience in a Manufacturing environment and strong CAD / Solid Works use is preferred.
- Agile, flexible, adaptable and demonstrate the ability to work with internal partners.
- Possess an open-minded and creative approach to find the best solutions for layout flow. Significant experience with Manufacturing / Product flow is a plus.
- Excellent communication skills to articulate Michelin's requirements to internal partners.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple projects in parallel with a good ability to multi-task and prioritize deadlines
- Work well within small cross-functional teams, including manufacturing management, other engineers, and machine operators.
- Regional, domestic and international travel will be required (up to 25%).
- Ability to learn and respond quickly to the fast-changing business environment
- Apply learned lessons into future solution considerations
- Analytical mindset with a problem-solving approach
- Ability to work in an agile environment with a focus on continuous improvement
- Self-motivated and eager to learn
- A team player and able to lead and initiate
#LI-RM1Moving Forward Together: Apply Today!
Dedicated to the improvement of sustainable mobility, Michelin designs, manufactures and sells tires for every type of vehicle, including airplanes, automobiles, bicycles, earthmovers, farm equipment, heavy-duty trucks and motorcycles.
Michelin also offers a full range of innovative services and solutions that help make mobility safer, more efficient and more environmentally friendly. To create unique mobility experiences, Michelin publishes travel guides, hotel and restaurant guides, maps and road atlases.
Headquartered in Greenville, S.C.,Michelin North America employs more than 20,000 people and operates 19 major manufacturing plants in the U.S. and Canada.
Michelin is recognized as an employer of choice by the people who work here. They stay at Michelin because they have careers with a purpose at a company with a purpose. In fact, more than 97 percent of Michelin employees say they choose to move forward together with our company each year.
Michelin's status as a great place to work has been validated by the leading authorities on workplace culture:
• Forbes list of "Most Diverse Place to Work" and "Best Employer for New Grads"
• Fortune list of "World Most Admired Companies"
• Voted on the top 50 Employers list by the readers of Minority Engineer magazine, Women Engineer magazine and STEM Workforce Diversity magazine.
• Top Company for Women to work for in Transportation.
Michelin takes an advanced approach to career development, ensuring that you will come for a job but stay for a career. More than 75 percent of our managers are promoted from within, and we offer multiple career development paths to challenge employees to grow and realize their purpose across the span of their individual careers.
Apply now and start your own mobility journey with Michelin today.
Motivated by our Purpose - We Care about Giving People a Better Way Forward - Michelin offers our employees a comprehensive Total Rewards package with competitive well-being, health care, life insurance and retirement benefits and perks such as:
• Paternity leave
• Maternity leave
• Tuition reimbursement
• Family health care centers and fitness facilities at several company locations
• Fitness membership reimbursement through a network of nationwide facilities
• 529 college savings plan
• A 401(k) match
• Free tires based upon years of service
• An Employee Assistance Program
• A relocation assistance program
Michelin is an equal employment opportunity employer of minorities, women, veterans and the disabled. If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a disability, please contact us at email@example.com
This position is not available for immigration sponsorship