This job has expired.
West Virginia University Research Corporation is seeking applications for a Laboratory Technician in the Department of Ophthalmology
About the Opportunity
The West Virginia University (WVU) Research Corporation and the WVU Department of Ophthalmology are seeking applications for a Laboratory Technician to perform research-oriented tasks which is located in the Erma Byrd Biomedical Research Center on the campus of the Robert C. Byrd Health Sciences Center in Morgantown, WV. This position is responsible for performing laboratory maintenance tasks, in addition to assisting laboratory members with scientific data collection for retinal cell biology and other visual science-related research projects. The candidate will be trained in many basic laboratory techniques and receive hands-on laboratory experience with a focus on microscopy, including state-of-the-art super-resolution fluorescence microscopy techniques and electron microscopy.
At WVU Research Corporation, we strongly believe in work-life balance and keeping time for things we love outside our work. WVU Research Corporation offers a comprehensive benefits package with a variety of options to suit your needs:
• 13 paid holidays (staff holiday calendar)
• 403(b) retirement savings with a fully vested 3% employee contribution match, (Employees have the option of contributing an additional 1-3% of their earnings to the plan, which is also matched by the WVURC)
• A range of health insurance and various other benefits
• Dependent Education Scholarship
• WVU Perks
• And More!!
What you’ll do:
• Assist with biomedical research experiments in the laboratory.
• Maintain and genotype animal colonies.
• Culture mammalian cells.
• Prepare reagents as needed by the lab members.
• Manage the ordering and requisition of laboratory supplies.
• Prepare solutions and materials for laboratory experiments.
• Keep detailed records of research data, written and computerized logs of mouse colony censuses, material safety data sheets, and chemical inventories.
• Document, analyze, and present experimental results and discuss findings.
• Set up, adjust, calibrate, clean, maintain, and troubleshoot laboratory equipment.
• Maintain an inventory of chemicals and other laboratory reagents.
Add your resume to our resume database that can be searched by employers looking to hire!
Stay up to date with job alerts! Customize your alerts based on a specific area, category and receive weekly updates!