SGS is the global leader and innovator in inspection, verification, testing and certification services. Founded in 1878, SGS is recognized as the global benchmark in quality and integrity. With over 97,000 employees in 130 countries and operating a network of more than 2,400 offices and laboratories, we provide services to almost every industry by assuring quality and safety of products and services.
Trusted all over the world, SGS is a market leader because we put 100% passion, pride and innovation into everything we do. We encourage new ideas. We welcome people who challenge the way we do things. And we will be 100% committed to helping you reach your full potential.
As the Laboratory Manager, you will requireknowledge of electrical product testing and certification for Medical Devices. The individual will be responsible for engineering oversight, project reviewing, scheduling efficiencies, quoting, and sales growth. This individual will be managing the lab throughput as well as client communication of projects and sales support. This individual will manage projects from the proposal process through the delivery of the final test report. Additional duties include generation of quality procedures and work instructions, design and implementation of test fixtures, acquiring lab equipment and obtaining and maintaining accreditations. This position will include direct reports.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Review the design of electrical products against ANSI / AAMI / UL / CSA / EN / IEC / ISO standards
- Manage and oversight of engineering team conducting tests
- Specific knowledge of IEC/UL 60601-1 and related part 2 standards for Medical product safety standards is required
- Review Risk Management files to the requirements of ISO 14971
- Familiarity of IEC/UL 62368-1, IEC/UL 61010-1 and related part 2 standards is a plus
- Familiarity with battery testing and requirements also a plus - IEC 62133, IEC 69160, IEC 60086-X, UL 2054, UL 1642, UN 38.3 standards
- Manage lab efficiencies and daily productivity
- Assist to maintain and upgrade accreditation scopes
- Requires 10% travel
- Procurement of test equipment needed for lab scope expansion
- Ability to engage with sales to develop and expand the market
- Adhere to internal standards, policies, and procedures
- Perform other duties as assigned
This job has expired.
- Bachelor's Degree in Science or Business
- 7+ years working in Engineering Laboratory
- 3+ years of supervisory experience
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, good team spirit and adaptability
- Ability to communicate effectively with SGS personnel and clients outside the US
- High level of accuracy and good presentation skills
- Ability to supervise/mentor staff
- Ability to prioritize workload and meet deadlines
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment, able to deal with ambiguity
- Ability to work on multiple tasks at the same time and prioritize them accordingly
- Ability to interpret specifications to satisfy customer requirements