VOLUNTEERS OF AMERICA - Texas
Are you looking for a job that makes a difference? Do you have a passion for helping others? We may be the right organization for you: VOLUNTEERS OF AMERICA TEXAS.
For over 100 years VOA Texas, a faith-based and non-profit organization, has operated with a mission of "Helping America's Most Vulnerable Reach Their Full Potential" through various programs throughout Texas. Programs are locally created, managed and delivered to provide a wide array of human services through PAID positions. Come and be a part of the passion, the mission and the tradition!
Position: Job Skills Trainer (Part-time)
Location: Yale Street - Houston, TX
Rate of Pay: $15.00 hourly
Schedule: 20 hours per week
HERE'S WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING:
The Job Skills Trainer position is a direct support position for the coordination, instruction, and supervision of individuals in the Vocational Opportunity and Training Services (VOTS) Program while ensuring the protection of the individual's rights. This position consists of instructing individuals with disabilities and/or disadvantages around job skills in conjunction with independent living skills, social skills, community integration while supporting the individuals to become valued members of their community.
- Works side-by-side with individuals placed on job sites, teaching effective job skills and techniques to help them maintain their employment.
- Supervises and supports individuals while they are learning and practicing skills in the VOTS program, in the community, including volunteer work and recreational sites.
- Assesses individual skills on a daily and weekly basis.
- Explores the individual's interests, capabilities, preferences, and ongoing support needs.
- Provides reinforcement of counseling and therapy activities; corrects unacceptable behavior and helps people served meet the necessary requirements of the program, volunteer, or work site rules.
- Provides assistance with medications and performance of tasks as delegated by an RN (if applicable).
- Conducts training related to an individual's assessed needs.
- Maintains individual records and documentation as required by organization policies and procedures such as, but not limited to, documentation of significant observation notes, progress or lack thereof, and any behavioral management activities.
- Reports any significant incidents occurring during shift and documents such incidents as required.
- Assists in securing and providing transportation; keeps inside of vehicles clean and ensures sufficient gasoline level for next usage (if company vehicle utilized).
- Provides direct supervision of individuals' safety and security through preventative techniques as required.
- Develops and maintains positive relationships with individuals, co-workers, families, employers, and other agencies.
- Advocates for individuals rights and reports suspected abuse & neglect to supervisor immediately (within one hour).
- Advises supervisor of any special needs or emergencies and recommends follow-up.
Must have a high school diploma or equivalent. Prefer at least six months of experience or training with individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
Valid Texas Drivers' License, clear MVR and ability to be insured. Make a living by making a difference. Apply online today! AA/EEO/M/F/D/V
Get job alerts by email. Sign up now!
Join Our Talent Network! Job SnapshotEmployee Type
Houston, TX Job Type
Not Specified Date Posted
05/10/2022 Job ID
This job has expired.