THIS IS A REMOTE POSITION
American Residential Services (ARS) is a national provider of plumbing and HVAC services with 70+ locations in the continental United States, 6,000+ employees, and over $1bn in annual revenue. Using technology to build a competitive advantage is a key differentiator of our business and key to our continued success. We are looking for a capable individual to join our team and help us support and maintain our IT Operations infrastructure environment.
Candidates should be able to draw from their extensive understanding of on-premises and cloud technologies to support the IT infrastructure, solve operational problems, and assist with technical solutions that meet business requirements and promote new initiatives. They need to possess the abilities to work autonomously and effectively alongside other teams to integrate and deliver solutions with an awareness of how these solutions fit into a larger context. The ideal candidate does not necessarily have all the answers, but they know where to find them, and they are constantly looking to learn, grow, and apply new knowledge within the scope of their work.
American Residential Services is an equal opportunity employer. All candidates will be evaluated solely based on merit and, accordingly, all are encouraged to apply without prejudice towards race, color, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, or any other non-merit factor.
- Manage IT operations infrastructure.
- Maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot the operational aspects of the IT infrastructure
- Develop and execute procedures for optimizing business system performance and capacity
- In collaboration with the Infrastructure & Security team, evaluate and implement new systems and applications
- Perform routine maintenance and work with internal and external resources as needed to resolve issues
- Lead or participate in implementation of departmental system projects
- Diagnose and resolve complex system problems
- Use structured and systematic approach to gather information and identify cause of problem
- Understand the urgency of the problem and the potential impact on critical business systems and customers
- Initiate contact with hardware and software vendors as necessary to resolve problems
- Develop and implement temporary circumventions to be used if immediate resolution is not feasible
- Ensure that stakeholders are continually kept up to date on progress toward a resolution
- Maintain and develop technical knowledge and skills to support the variety of hardware and software in use in the company
- Participate in revolving 24x7 on-call assignments
- Proficiency in the syntax and semantics of PowerShell, Python, or a similar object-oriented scripting language required
- Experience with essential Microsoft 365 components (Exchange Online, Teams, SharePoint , OneDrive)
- Experience with the Azure ecosystem (PaaS, VMs & VDI, networking, Monitor, Storage Accounts, Resource Manager, Automation)
- Experience with on-premises Microsoft technologies, including Active Directory, DNS, Group Policy, IIS, System Center, Windows Server, and MDT
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Work experience with any of the major RPM based Linux distributions, including Red Hat Enterprise Linux or CentOS
- Experience configuring and/or maintaining AD CS or hosted PKI services
- Experience with Microsoft ADFS and/or Okta identity solutions
- Experience configuring and maintaining Azure AD Connect synchronization services
- Familiarity with a load balancing platform (e.g., Kemp, F5 Big-IP) and associated concepts (e.g., GSLB)
- Regular hours, Monday - Friday 08:00 - 17:00 with opportunities for flexible work by agreement
- Occasional out-of-hours work is required for planned maintenance of systems or for incident response
- Occasional travel is required for team meetings or datacenter work
- This is a full-time, remote work position requiring a suitable home office with good internet access
- Occasional travel as noted above
ARS-Rescue Rooter is an Equal Opportunity Employer AA/EOE/M/F/V/D. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, ARS-Rescue Rooter may provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.
- Comprehensive medical coverage
- Company-paid life insurance
- Dental coverage
- Vision coverage
- Optional life and accident insurances
- Short and long-term disability
- 401(k) profit sharing plan