At Asahi Kasei we believe anyone can buy equipment or build a facility. It is our diverse team members around the globe who will enable us to develop ideas and technologies and capture the exciting opportunities that lie ahead. We look for candidates with a fresh perspective, people with a wide variety of skills who are creative thinkers, enjoy challenges and are driven to excel.
We are currently seeking applications to fill the following job opening at Asahi Kasei Plastics North America where our products are used in a wide array of molding applications including automotive, consumer, electronics, furniture, and industrial parts and they provide excellent solutions for pressure vessels.
Asahi Kasei Plastics North America, Inc.
The primary responsibility of this position is installing, modifying and making repairs to hardware and software systems and providing technical assistance and training to ensure proper computer operation so that end users can accomplish business tasks. This is a level 1 & 2 support role that requires strong customer service skills as you will work with users at all levels of the organization.
This will include receiving, prioritizing, documenting, and actively resolving incidents and requests reported by users, internal IT colleagues or by system alerts, as well as local project work.
This position is also responsible for remote support of other Asahi Kasei users.
- Prioritize incoming incidents, requests, problems and tasks to give realistic and reliable dates to requestor
- Analyze, monitor and resolve those incidents, requests, problems and tasks
- Escalate when required to appropriate global group or external vendor/customer
- Track all steps through to final resolution in the according system (ticket system, SharePoint…) for traceability
- Follow up and confirm provided resolution with requestor
- Follow all policies and procedures as defined in our standard operating procedures
- Create and edit documentation for IT and end users for common incidents and requests
- Non-stop communication and follow-up with end users and/or IT members on tickets that you manage
- Evaluate resolutions and find ways to prevent future issues (root cause analysis)
- Install images on Laptops & Desktops
- Thorough documentation of assets and tickets that you are managing
- Work globally in teams to provide/establish global standards
- Coordinate local/global IT project tasks with global IT team
- Continuously looking for improvement in IT-related areas to increase business efficiency
- Prepare site notices, user guides and trainings to inform users about IT topics
- Provide local site IT budget forecast proposal (capital and expense)
- Monitor local site IT budget (capital and expense)
- Knowledge of these systems a plus, SCCM, ServiceNow, Active Directory, VM Ware, Office 365, InTune
(Education, Experience, Licensures, and Certifications)
- IT related Associates Degree or 2+ years of relevant experience
- Strong attention to detail
- Multitasking in dynamic and high pace work environment
Work Environment / Physical Demands / Travel
- Excellent Customer Service, Communication, Teamwork, and Time Management
- Troubleshooting and Critical Thinking
- Windows 10 in a business environment
- Microsoft Office
- Work location is office based
- Minimal travel required
- Up to 10-20% to other sites for support and training
- Ability to occasionally lift and carry up to 30 pounds
We believe a diverse workforce is crucial to our growth as a global supplier of advanced materials. Asahi Kasei is an equal opportunity employer.
This job has expired.