IT Senior Technical Support - Redwood City, CA
ABOUT THE ENTERPRISE TECHNOLOGY SERVICES TEAM
The Enterprise Technology Services (ETS) team is accountable for all Infrastructure, Security, IT Operations and all End User Services and technologies. This group will ensure that our IT Services are seamless and secure, and that technology is delivered in an efficient, effective, and agile way, with a strong focus on experience.
It's a dynamic and challenging environment to work in - but that's why we like it. There are countless opportunities to learn and grow, whether that's exploring new technologies in hackathons, or transforming the roles and work of colleagues, forever. This is your chance to be part of a team that has the backing to innovate, disrupt an industry and change lives.
THIS IS WHAT YOU'LL DO
The IT Senior Technical Support person is responsible for the excellent delivery of day-to-day IT services for users in a Site, Country or Region and work closely with the global service teams and their customers. The role ensures IT services including AskIT are delivered effectively through excellent delivery of front-line, proactive customer engagement and effective communication.
Working within well established guidelines and with readily available with higher level of support expertise. Typically, working as part of a delivery team, will individual responsibility to serve defined groups within a function and will be a business point of contact; they will be experienced in delivering day-to-day IT support, they will provide detailed analysis, diagnosis and resolution on technical issues. Provide infrastructure hands and eyes support.
- Works within a team to deliver effective end user services.
- Mentors more junior staff and acts as a point of reference in own specialist area
- Conducts analysis and prepares reporting for issues across IT services delivered
- Ensures reports or analysis, meet quality standards, and provides interpretation of data
- Works within defined guidelines and policies, adheres to AZ IT policies, processes & SOP's
- Must show the capability to identify and propose innovative solutions to improve service performance
- Can independently analyze, diagnose and resolve complex tasks or problems related to AZ systems and applications.
- Troubleshoot and resolve trouble tickets related to technical difficulties with hardware and software
- Support a genius bar (known as AskIT) and provide just-in-time technical and how-to support to customers
- Use remote access tools to transfer files to client PCs and troubleshoot problems
- Meet and work with external resources to identify process/procedures/automation opportunities; communicate issues effectively to team members and management.
- Support projects/problems/tasks until completion, including coaching junior team members.
- Meet SLA/OLA reviews, ticket reviews, and customer satisfaction reports/surveys. Solicit ideas from customers and IT/IS staff to focus on the problem/task and work together to accomplish assignments.
- Liaise with highly technical IT teams, as well as non-IT/IS customers, and communicate information effectively in all situations.
- Support Hardware image configuration for desktop and laptops.
- Can provide "hands and eyes" support for network, servers, and conference rooms as needed.
- Maintains links and networks with other teams/functions/3rd parties that impact on activities undertaken
- Works with management to understand business priorities and tailor support to local requirements
Reviews policies and processes, identifying areas for enhancement and making recommendations for change.Education, Qualifications, and ExperienceEssential:
- Minimum 3 years' experience supporting Windows, in a Desktop Support environment
- Thorough knowledge of Lenovo desktops and laptops as well as MS operating systems and applications
- Ability to install and configure complex software applications and to provide support for upgrades and enhancements
- Experience analyzing, managing, expediting and resolving issues with timely customer follow up
- Proven knowledge and expertise in supporting Microsoft Office applications especially Outlook & MS Teams connected to a large MS Office 365
- Experience in the use of cloud-based storage solutions
- Experience in MS Teams, Zoom and collaboration tools
- Knowledge of antivirus software within an enterprise environment
- Aware of the importance of asset management and their role in updating asset inventory details
- Technical or business degree
- Good business acumen with sensitivity to environment
- Familiar with IT Technical or functional support background
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including relationship and consulting experience
- Knowledge and experience with suppliers and supplier solutions
- Familiarity of working in an international, multi time zone support environment
- Analytical, interpersonal, communication, organizational, numerical, and time management skills to meet position objectives
- Proven ability to multitask effectively while maintaining high quality
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Must be able and willing to work in AskIT, customer
- High School diploma
WHY JOIN US
- Bachelor's or Master's degree
- Some experience of working with third party suppliers.
- Proven knowledge and expertise in supporting Apple Mac OS and iOS software desirable
- Experience in setting up and deploying mobile devices is desirable
- Experience working in a global organization where stakeholders and project team members are geographically dispersed.
We're a network of entrepreneurial self-starters who contribute to something far bigger. There's a diversity of expertise in our Technology group that's unique to AstraZeneca - it allows us to dive deep into
exploring new leading-edge technology.
A place to be open and transparent - we speak up, think creatively and share ideas. Our diverse contributions help us to make better decisions. But we have a constant drive to innovate, and an appreciation for high standards. It takes challenging the status quo to add value in our ever-evolving environment. We love it here because put simply, we make a meaningful impact. Technology at AstraZeneca is a home for purposeful disruptors! ABOUT ASTRAZENECA
AstraZeneca is a global, innovation-driven BioPharmaceutical business that focuses on the discovery, development and commercialisation of prescription medicines for some of the world's most serious disease. But we're more than one of the world's leading pharmaceutical companies.
At AstraZeneca we're dedicated to being a Great Place to Work. Where you are empowered to push the boundaries of science and unleash your entrepreneurial spirit. There's no better place to make a difference to medicine, patients and society. An inclusive culture that champions diversity and collaboration. Always committed to lifelong learning, growth and development.SO, WHAT NEXT?
If you're interested in applying, we encourage you to apply using your completed Workday profile where possible.
This job has expired.