Veolia Group aims to be the benchmark company for ecological transformation. With nearly 220,000 employees worldwide, the Group designs and provides game-changing solutions that are both useful and practical for water, waste and energy management. Through its three complementary business activities, Veolia helps to develop access to resources, preserve available resources and replenish them. In 2021, the Veolia group provided 79 million inhabitants with drinking water and 61 million with sanitation, produced nearly 48 million megawatt hours and recovered 48 million tonnes of waste. Veolia Environnement (Paris Euronext: VIE) achieved consolidated revenue of 28,508 billion euros in 2021. www.veolia.com
- This Senior IT executive role is seen as one of the CIO's trusted partners in leading IT to become a business-oriented organization. The head of the OCIO reports to the CIO and serves as the second in command of the IT organization, responsible for managing the office of the CIO (OCIO), providing leadership for the cross-functional management of information and technology across the enterprise. It oversees functions such as IT strategy, governance, performance management and the definition of IT ways of working (for example, common methodologies, processes, and tools for developing and operating IT).
- The head of the OCIO focuses on ensuring that the IT organization \'does the right things\' through strategy and governance, as well as \'doing things right\' through organizational and operational model development and performance management.
- The head of the OCIO can represent the CIO or act on behalf of the CIO in certain specific situations.
- The head of the OCIO also extends his responsibilities into developing enterprise change management and business development management.
- The head of the OCIO is part of the IS&T Leadership Team, interacting and collaborating with the other SVPs and VPs of the organization.
Primary Duties / Responsibilities
- Strategy and governance
- Partners with the CIO in providing strategic and technology vision and direction for the enterprise.
- Is responsible for driving focus and prioritization within the IT organization through establishing strategic planning and governance principles and processes.
- Supports strategy execution and facilitates relationship management within Leadership Team
- Manages the team of people that makes up the office of the CIO.
- Oversees the development and maintenance of IT policies, procedures, methodologies, and governance - as well as performance management frameworks and metrics / KPIs - to ensure the IT organization delivers value to the enterprise.
- Works with the CIO and business leadership team, providing broad insight to IT domains and capabilities in support of enterprise wide business decisions.
- Facilitates relationship and interactions for IS&T with other VNA stakeholders (ExCom, functions, BUs…)
- Operating model
- Establishes and implements continuous-improvement / transformation programs for the IT organization.
- Stays current with developments in new market trends and innovations in technology and the leadership of enterprise IT.
- Drives and facilitates effective collaboration and communications between the IT organization and the user and customer communities.
- Finance, HR and Compliance
- Is responsible for directing the preparation, review and consolidation of business plans and budgets for the IT organization.
- regularly review IT costs and cost structures for IT services and products so that the financial implications of IT projects and activities are communicated to the proper IT and business executives.
- Direct risk evaluation and compliance management processes.
- Oversee IT workforce management, including the sourcing, training and development of staff.
Education / Experience / Background
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in business administration or related field, or equivalent work experience
- 8 or more years in IT and business/industry
- A minimum of three to five years of leadership responsibilities
- Experience in business/industry (beyond IT), managing cross-functional teams or projects, and influencing senior-level management and key stakeholders
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities
- Strong leadership capability, executing as appropriate in the areas of responsibility
- Expertise in budget planning, financial management and workforce management
- Broad knowledge of current and emerging technologies, technology directions, and strategic application to business needs, including the ability to differentiate between a relevant trend and hype
- Ability to improve operational efficiency, service delivery and information management across the IT organization
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to explain technology solutions in business terms, establish reporting and persuade others
Required Certification / Licenses / Training
- Lean Management (Black Belt)
- AGILE methodology
- Strategic IT Planning
- Design thinking & Problem Solving
A subsidiary of Veolia group, Veolia North America (VNA) offers a full spectrum of water, waste and energy management services, including water and wastewater treatment, commercial and hazardous waste collection and disposal, energy consulting and resource recovery. VNA helps commercial, industrial, healthcare, higher education and municipality customers throughout North America. Headquartered in Boston, Mass., Veolia North America has more than 10,000 employees working at more than 350 locations across the continent.