The Investment Research Assistant provides direct support to the Investment Manager with investment product research, ongoing management of NWFA model portfolios and the maintenance of all related due-diligence files.
- Assist with investment product research to include: scheduling meetings with investment manager representatives and staff, identifying suitable investment managers and vehicles, maintaining a select list of investment products/vehicles, performing asset allocation analysis and allocation studies, monitoring investment manager performance, conducting ongoing due-diligence on investment managers and vehicles, and maintaining due diligence files
- Assist with ongoing portfolio management to include: maintaining portfolio enrollment/redemption/disenrollment files; prepare, produce, and validate reports monitoring portfolio target drift, research issues and recommend corrective action; prepare, schedule and produce periodic analytic and portfolio performance reports; prepare ad-hoc portfolio reports as required; assist analyst with individual and global allocation trading
- Assist with developing materials for Investment Committee, attend meetings to record and publish minutes, maintain meeting records/files
- Maintain various spreadsheets as requested
- When models are changed, export reports from ClientWorks identifying accounts affiliated with models that have established systematic trades, analyze data to determine affected accounts and communicate necessary changes to Advisors/CSAs.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Remains cognizant of and adheres to NWFCU policies and procedures as well as regulations pertaining to the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA)
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance or similar discipline and a minimum of 5 years investment research experience
- Individual must have a FINRA Series 7 and 63
- Willingness to obtain CFP® or CFA®
As a COVID-19 safety measure, our employees must provide vaccination status and follow all safety protocols, which may include testing. EEO Notice
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products, particularly Excel
- Knowledge of other products such as Morningstar Direct, Zephyr, PSN Enterprise, MoneyGuidePro, or related financial research and financial planning software is a plus
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
- Superior attention to detail, strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize daily activities with an excellent understanding of tasks that are particularly time-sensitive
- Strong verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills
Northwest Federal Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other classification protected by law.
NWFCU complies with federal and state disability laws and makes reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact the Human Resources Department at 703-709-8900 or HRDepartment@nwfcu.org.