Otsuka is a dynamic and vibrant organization made up of motivated individuals we call Otsuka-people-people who have a shared mission for creating new products for better health worldwide. We live by our purpose: defy limitation, so that others can too. This purpose gives meaning to our work and motivates and drives us each day.
Otsuka's Internship Program offers meaningful hands on project experiences that impact patient's lives while providing students an opportunity to grow both personally and professionally. The internship program takes a holistic approach to education, in that students acquire both practical, applicable skills, but also gain additional experience in business and innovation as it relates to the pharmaceutical industry and the student's area of study. Students will have the opportunity to learn to navigate the complex matrix and team environment at a global pharmaceutical company, gain the fundamental skills and knowledge in the industry and will also engage in valuable, practical job experience through the internship experience.
We have opportunities for you across our business and corporate functions!
We're looking for the best candidates out there who want to make a difference in patients lives. Candidates who are hungry, innovative, and ready to make an impact within the Pharmaceutical Industry. Now is your chance to be apart of the innovation!
At Otsuka, we have an exciting story to share with both internal and external audiences. We are seeking a strong, creative communicator who is passionate about storytelling and eager to learn about communications in the context of the dynamic pharmaceutical industry. In this role you will work with internal and external teams to support internal campaigns that inform, engage, and inspire employees, and external campaigns that build our corporate brand awareness and foster meaningful impact.
The Corporate Communications intern will gain hands-on communications experience in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, supporting Otsuka's three communications functions: Internal Communications, External Communications & PR, and Corporate Brand & Marketing.
Specifically, the Corporate Communications intern will:
- Write and post content for Otsuka's internal communications platform
- Manage internal editorial calendar
- Cultivate and execute impactful content that drive employee engagement and empower employees to be brand ambassadors
- Track and report on metrics
- Liaise with creative team to support communications with impactful graphics
- Assist with promotion and execution of corporate events
- Create and contribute to strategic presentations
- Develop corporate announcements
- Assist with internal video production
- Support execution across key marketing initiatives, championing the process, planning, implementation, and optimization of a variety of campaigns
- Proactively develop social media content ideas that drive brand awareness and engage Otsuka's target audiences
- Support thought leadership and external media initiatives
Knowledge/ Experience and Skills:
- Undergraduate Junior or Senior pursuing Bachelor's degree in Communications, Journalism, or Marketing.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills, and attention to detail
- Able to multitask, be a self-starter, and collaborate closely with cross functional teams
- Intuitive understanding of today's digital and social culture, with fluency in platform usage
- Team player with a can-do attitude where no task is too big or small
- Ability to effectively prioritize and manage multiple tasks to meet deadlines
- Deadline-driven, quick to move and able to develop executional plans in real time
- Enrolled in an accredited college or university following the potential internship or co-op assignment
- Demonstrates behaviors aligned with the Otsuka Corporate Brand including Perseverance, Unconventional Thinking, and Humility
- Demonstrate ability to work in a team environment
- Demonstrate ability to think creatively to solve complex problems
- Exhibits eagerness to learn and ability to learn quickly
Come discover more about Otsuka and our benefit offerings; https://www.otsuka-us.com/careers-join-otsuka.Disclaimer:
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the people assigned to this position. It is not intended to include every job duty and responsibility specific to the position. Otsuka reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
Otsuka is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran or disabled status, or any protected status.Valid Proof of COVID-19 Vaccination or Accommodation
The COVID-19 Vaccination is mandatory for incoming new hires and employees. Uploading documentation with proof of full vaccination record or an Otsuka approved accommodation will be required during the pre-employment process as permitted by law. New hires must be fully vaccinated unless there is an approved accommodation prior to start date.Statement Regarding Job Recruiting Fraud Scams
At Otsuka we take security and protection of your personal information very seriously. Please be aware individuals may approach you and falsely present themselves as our employees or representatives. They may use this false pretense to try to gain access to your personal information or acquire money from you by offering fictitious employment opportunities purportedly on our behalf.
Please understand, Otsuka will never
ask for financial information of any kind or for payment of money during the job application process. We do not require any financial, credit card or bank account information and/or any payment of any kind to be considered for employment. We will also not offer you money to buy equipment, software, or for any other purpose during the job application process. If you are being asked to pay or offered money for equipment fees or some other application processing fee, even if claimed you will be reimbursed, this is not Otsuka. These claims are fraudulent and you are strongly advised to exercise caution when you receive such an offer of employment.
Otsuka will also never ask you to download a third-party application in order to communicate about a legitimate job opportunity. Scammers may also send offers or claims from a fake email address or from Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc, and not from an official Otsuka email address. Please take extra caution while examining such an email address, as the scammers may misspell an official Otsuka email address and use a slightly modified version duplicating letters.
To ensure that you are communicating about a legitimate job opportunity at Otsuka, please only deal directly with Otsuka through its official Otsuka Career website https://vhr-otsuka.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/External.
Otsuka will not be held liable or responsible for any claims, losses, damages or expenses resulting from job recruiting scams. If you suspect a position is fraudulent, please contact Otsuka's call center at: 800-363-5670. If you believe you are the victim of fraud resulting from a job recruiting scam, please contact the FBI through the Internet Crime Complaint Center at: https://www.ic3.gov, or your local authorities.
This job has expired.