Veolia Group aims to be the benchmark company for ecological transformation. With nearly 220,000 employees worldwide, the Group designs and provides game-changing solutions that are both useful and practical for water, waste and energy management. Through its three complementary business activities, Veolia helps to develop access to resources, preserve available resources and replenish them. In 2021, the Veolia group provided 79 million inhabitants with drinking water and 61 million with sanitation, produced nearly 48 million megawatt hours and recovered 48 million tonnes of waste. Veolia Environnement (Paris Euronext: VIE) achieved consolidated revenue of 28,508 billion euros in 2021. www.veolia.com
- This is a seasoned position with emphasis on Electrical Instrumentation and Control. Provides electrical and mechanical support to the Operations, Maintenance, and Engineering Departments of the water/wastewater treatment facilities, which includes the Satellite locations. Supervises the I&C technicians team, provides regular activity reports, performs calibration, inspection, maintenance and repairs on various types of equipment, such as instruments, online meters, pumps, conveyor systems, gear brakes, fans, blowers, mixers, and chemical feed equipment. Uses both hands and machine tools in the repairs and maintenance of equipment and plant buildings. Loads and unloads, moves and transports tools, material, and freight and supplies.
Primary Duties / Responsibilities
- Supervises team of I&C Technicians, and provides work direction.
- Conducts performance reviews of direct reports.
- Responsible for preparation of daily activity reports.
- Performs maintenance and repair work on various types of instruments, online meters, equipment, pumps, conveyor systems, gearboxes, fans, blowers, mixers and chemical feed pumps and auxiliary equipment.
- Performs preventive maintenance work of calibration of pH meters, chlorine meters, turbidity meters, Iron meters, ORP meters, level meters, temperature, pressure transmitters, flow meters, etc.
- Clean components and introduce appropriate calibration solution to detect signal.
- Ensure inspection and replacement of overhead lights for all buildings, and emergency lighting system.
- Performs and inspect all motor control centers, testing and cleaning of the uninterruptable power supplies and the variable frequency drive panels.
- Perform, repair and maintain fire alarms system, air conditioning, heating/boilers units around the facilities.
- Maintain all compliance meters certification records.
- Maintain and red-line as needed all instrument user guides, loop drawings and electrical single line diagrams.
- Perform CM's and PM's backlog Work Orders and report to manager.
- Install new conduits, pull new wires and replace DC/AC motors, drives as directed by supervisor.
- Provide instrument SOP's as needed.
- Access computerized maintenance management software for record-keeping, scheduling work of the I&C teams.
- Set-up and maintain I&C spare parts inventory.
- Review O&M manuals and sets up appropriate PM's for instruments and other electrical equipment.
- Set-up and maintain library of I&C drawings and manuals.
- Coordinate with vendors for procurement and provision of services.
- Update when needed O&M manual and records.
- Works closely with I&C Engineer and Maintenance Manager to gain knowledge and experience on DCS system and controls.
- Uses the Hansen CMMS system to analyze equipment PM's effectiveness, CM's root cause analyzes, and backlog for work planning/scheduling.
- Loads and unloads, moves and transports material, equipment, freight and supplies.
- Observes all on-the-job safety regulations and promotes safe practices, procedures and work habits.
- Completes safe work plans and job safety analysis as per requirements.
- Manage and oversee capital projects at the facility.
- Adherence to corporate policies and procedures.
- General administration (interaction with and setting up new vendors, scheduling, timesheets, etc.).
- Performs other duties as needed and/or required to facilitate operations.
Education / Experience / Background
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required.
- A.S. Degree, or some Trade Tech or Technical school required.
- Valid California Driver's License required that meets State guidelines.
- Instrumentation and Control Level III Certification, or higher required.
- Five (5) to Ten (10) years experience in the operation and maintenance of wastewater/water treatment facilities or a similar industrial environment.
- Five (5) to ten (10) years experience with emphasis on instrumentation, electricity and control field.
- Five (5) to ten (10) years experience with supervising people.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities
- Knowledge of environmental and safety compliance regulations and ability to comply with all safety standards and environmental regulations. Strong focus on safety is essential.
- Experience with LOTO procedures.
- Knowledge of standard predictive, preventive and corrective maintenance methods and procedures commonly used in the maintenance and repair of mechanical and electrical equipment, instruments and plant infrastructure.
- Must have working experience of a 460V 3-phase systems, PLC controls, computer programming, SCADA systems, open and close loop controls, preventive/corrective maintenance tasks, calibration of plant instrumentation system and equipment.
- Must demonstrate and apply thorough knowledge of mechanical and/or electrical principles and practices and/or instrumentation and controls logics and diagnostics including troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to operate light trucks and small construction equipment.
- Ability to operate basic hand and power tools.
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing and work with all levels of personnel.
- Ability to work within a team-oriented environmental and a team-player is essential.
- Ability to use computer and Microsoft Office.
Required Certification / Licenses / Training
- Must possess a valid driver's license and a safe driving record.
Physical Requirements / Work Environment
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and/or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand for extended periods; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs or ladders or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell. The employee must periodically lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision as well as the ability to distinguish color and shades. Technical dexterity is required in performing chemical and instrumental analytical procedures.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The employee may be exposed to odors, silica, dust, fumes, smoke, gases, greases, oils, electrical energy, solvents and vibrations. The employee may work on slippery/uneven surfaces, around machinery with moving parts, moving objects/vehicles, and ladder/scaffolding, below ground and may be exposed to water and other liquid materials.
A subsidiary of Veolia group, Veolia North America (VNA) offers a full spectrum of water, waste and energy management services, including water and wastewater treatment, commercial and hazardous waste collection and disposal, energy consulting and resource recovery. VNA helps commercial, industrial, healthcare, higher education and municipality customers throughout North America. Headquartered in Boston, Mass., Veolia North America has more than 10,000 employees working at more than 350 locations across the continent.
This job has expired.