Are you an individual looking to flourish as an inside sales professional? Would you like to be part of a company involved in the transmission of clean drinking water for more than 160 years? Mueller, the nation's leading manufacturer of flow control devices for the water and gas distribution industries, has an immediate opening for an Inside Sales Representative in the Chattanooga, Tennessee area. Mueller ensures one of the world's most precious resources, clean drinking water, reaches millions of people on a daily basis. Come be a part of something that sustains and enriches the lives of every human being.
As an Inside Sales Representative you would:
- Assess and address external customer needs by providing stock checks, expedites, technical support, order history-tracking shipments and product applications/limitations.
- Analyze customer requirements and develop proposals that best meet the needs of our customers.
- Provide support needed to resolve customer complaints and issues including all paperwork and follow up until process is complete.
- Act as liaison between outside sales representatives/customers and various plants.
- Work closely with Planners and Manufacturing Department to provide current information on lead times.
This position reports to the Inside Sales Manager
- Must be customer-oriented and have the ability to make quick decisions in a professional and confident manner
- Prepare quotations and submittals for the outside sales reps
- Demonstrated organizational and time management skills
- Technical/Mechanical background
- Intermediate computer experience required with ability to quickly learn and navigate new computer programs.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong time management skills
- Strong analytical mindset
- Ability to effectively work in a team setting. Knowing role on team, based on project/task
- Demonstrated ability to follow Standard Work processes on a daily basis
- 2+ years of customer service and/or inside sales experience
- Strong experience in mainframe programs that include inventory control - such as AS400/JD Edwards (JDE)
- Experience with phone-based customer service support systems
- Previous work experience or other activities demonstrating the requirement of a strong communications background
- Work experience in a manufacturing environment a plus
- Experience with valves and valve actuation
- Experience with preparing technical proposals
- Ability to determine and act on internal and external customer needs
Applicants not meeting the "Required Qualifications" above will not be considered for this position. Mueller encourages only those applicants with a strong match to the items listed above to apply.
Primary work hours will be Monday through Friday. Work hours will vary based on customer requirements. This position is non-exempt and does qualify for overtime pay.
Individuals interested in this position should apply through the Mueller Water Products' Career Portal ((https://muellerwaterproducts.com/careers). Resumes mailed, faxed, or dropped off will not be reviewed. Mueller will contact desired applicants to proceed in the hiring process. No recruiter contacts, please.
Mueller will contact desired applicants to proceed in the hiring process. Please do not contact us regarding the status of your application.
Mueller offers an excellent salary and benefits package. Current benefit offerings include medical and dental insurance, 401K plan with company match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan program, short-term disability benefits, vacation, tuition reimbursement program, company-provided life insurance, long-term disability, and supplement insurance at group rates, and much more.
Mueller is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other category protected by law.