Founded in 1999, Dexcom, Inc. (NASDAQ: DXCM), develops and markets Continuous Glucose Monitoring (CGM) systems for ambulatory use by people with diabetes and by healthcare providers for the treatment of people with diabetes. The company is the leader in transforming diabetes care and management by providing CGM technology to help patients and healthcare professionals better manage diabetes. Since the company's inception, Dexcom has focused on better outcomes for patients, caregivers, and clinicians by delivering solutions that are best in class - while empowering the community to take control of diabetes. Dexcom reported expected full-year 2021 revenues of $2.48B, a growth of 27% over 2020. Headquartered in San Diego, California, with additional offices in the Americas, Europe, and Asia Pacific, the company employs over 6,000 people worldwide.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead and participate in projects to holistically align, improve, and transform the value-stream of multiple products across one or more sites using a combination of core industrial engineering, project management, and influencing and structured problem solving (A3, Lean Six Sigma, DMAIC, PDCA, 8D, SPS) skills. The value-stream may include suppliers, transportation, receiving, warehousing, and shipping.
- Lead and facilitate structured improvement workshops (Kaizen, 5S, 3P)
- Work with senior leaders across multiple departments to develop our employee-centric continuous improvement system to drive change and foster a culture of continuous improvement based on Lean Six Sigma, Theory of Constraints, Industry 4.0 and other bodies of knowledge.
- Work with multiple organizations to improve the agility of our FDA-regulated quality management system
- Partner with data scientists and automation engineers to implement industry 4.0 tools including advanced machine learning, simulation, production system sensors / Industrial internet of things (IIoT), and business intelligence dashboards. Use tools such as Tableau, PowerBI, and Python, and Arduino microcontrollers.
- Create simulations to assist with production planning, prioritization, and scenario planning experiments.
Define issues, risks, and root causes
- Partner with industrial engineering peers and subject matter experts to conduct Engineering Economic Analysis, Process Mapping, Root Cause Analysis, Statistical Methods, Six Sigma, Time Studies, Waste Elimination, and Work Sampling, Capacity Planning, and other industrial engineering activities.
- Benchmark systems against world-class industry leaders.
Design systems and tools
- Use system engineering knowledge to design alternatives for facilities layout, business and manufacturing processes, workstations, and interacting production systems.
- Appropriately use Design of Experiments.
- Communicate and present recommendations for designs.
- Use Scrum, Agile, Prince2, and traditional waterfall project management to ensure projects are completed quickly and successfully.
- Collaborate with and influence stakeholders in all directions throughout the life cycle of projects.
• Demonstrates potential for technical proficiency.
• Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
- Follows standard practices and procedures in analyzing situations or data from which answers can be readily obtained.
Travel Required:Experience and Education Requirements:
- Applies basic technical understanding with the knowledge to develop process and design experiments.
- Possesses theoretical knowledge but is learning the industry and requirements of applied science.
- Understands organizational and functional processes and policies.
- Experience applying industrial engineering tools as defined in the IISE Body of Knowledge
- Experience in Project management, structured problem solving (DMAIC, A3, etc), data analysis, and simulation
- Experience with presenting and influencing across multiple departments
- Willingness to get hand dirty and build kits, workstations, shadowboxes, and fixtures
- Ability to write code with Excel, VBA, Python or other programming languages
- Typically requires a Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline, and a minimum of 2-5 years related experience or Master's degree and 0-2 years' equivalent experience.
Performs and evaluates work measurement and workflow analysis for the establishment of standards and the utilization of production facilities. Develops plant and equipment layout, capacity plans, workflow and accident prevention measures to maintain efficient and safe utilization of plant facilities. Provides product assembly instructions and standardizes assembly practices. Evaluates new techniques and technological developments for inclusion in the production process.Functional/Business Knowledge
- Possesses a high level of theoretical knowledge. Ability to deliver technical ideas that have an impact on the objectives. Understands organizational and functional processes and policies aligned to the technical and business goals.
- Demonstrates technical proficiency. Works on moderately complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires evaluation. Exercises judgment within generally defined practices and policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions. Interprets data and draws conclusions regarding results used in presented material.
ManagementField SalesExperience and Education
- Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
- Normally receives general instructions on routine work, detailed instructions on new projects or assignments.
- Typically requires a Bachelors degree in a technical discipline, and a minimum of 2-5 years related experience or Masters degree and 0-2 years equivalent experience.
- The Workplace Type for this role is Assigned Desk. Based on the nature of your role you will have an assigned desk or office located at a Dexcom site and should plan to be onsite approximately 4-5 days per week.
If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact Dexcom Talent Acquisition at firstname.lastname@example.org.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. Dexcom's AAP may be viewed upon request by contacting Talent Acquisition at email@example.com.
View the OFCCP's Pay Transparency Non Discrimination Provision at this link.
This job has expired.